Reader reviews and comments on The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, plus links to write your own review.

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

by E Lockhart

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E Lockhart X
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E Lockhart

Mar 2008, 352 pages
    Aug 2009, 352 pages

Jo Perry

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Jaycen

Frankie Frankie Frankie
Let me just tell you, this book is quite a read. As an Honor book, I couldn't ask for much more. The character development and complete thrive of a plot is nothing short of a good read. This book, similar to the Gallagher Girl series, is all about what can really go on at a fancy school full of girls and guys. I can't express my love for this book.
Amanda

Disreputably Good
This book is about a girl, Frankie, who is trying to find her place in the world. Everyone sees her, as she explains in the book, their cute, innocent, little “Bunny Rabbit” and so Frankie sets out to prove that she is not “innocent, in need of protection, and inconsequential.” She is starting out her sophomore year with this new attitude.

Soon, Frankie finds herself tangled up with her Prep School’s secret boy club, the Basset Hounds. In her attempt to prove her worth she secretly controls the Basset Hounds pranks, by pretending she is the Alpha male. She puts an unorganized set of boys in line, as she tells them exactly what to do. She is the criminal mastermind behind what students are calling the best pranks ever.

This book is full of playing tricks and getting away with them. Frankie is someone we can all relate to. She has been pushed and pushed and now she is going to start shoving back. I think we can all relate to just such an instance in our own lives. The story is told as if someone were recalling it to their child or friends. I quite enjoyed this style of writing as it put all the important information right on the table. There was also quite a bit of satirical humor which carried you through the book.

Overall, the book was very empowering as you followed Frankie through her journey from “Bunny Rabbit” to someone worth respecting. I appreciated that it was never inappropriate and there was no use of language. However, the ending was a little weak .... but it was partially made up for with the personal change Frankie underwent.

By the end you couldn’t help but feel proud of Frankie and the fact that she didn’t care that the popular kids weren’t her friends anymore because she found her own power. That is something I think every young girl is looking for and hopes to find.

This book really made me think and wish to become better than I am. That is what good literature should do. I was able to finish this book in 5 hours and just couldn’t put it down! I would suggest this book to any young teenage girl looking for her own inner power.
lina pal

The disreputable history of frankie landau-banks
AWESOME BOOK!!! not a five star because it has some stupid or awkward moments but its sooo a four star!!! this book should be #1 book read by teens!!! totally!!!

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes