Reader reviews and comments on All Shall Be Well; And All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well, plus links to write your own review.

by Tod Wodicka

Feb 2008, 272 pages
    Jan 2009, 272 pages

Stacey Brownlie

There is 1 reader review for All Shall Be Well; And All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well

Power Reviewer Kim (07/22/08)

Disappointing
I really wanted to like this book for a variety of reasons. From the jacket it sounded like it would be exactly up my reading alley. Unfortunately, the book did not live up to my hopes & expectations. I think the biggest problem I had with it was that its main character raised no sympathy in me whatsoever. I thought the problems he faced were, for the most part, unremarkable and of his own making. There were some scenes that were well-written, but I didn't find the novel all that humorous for the most part (more sad than funny, in my opinion). I thought the ending was weak. Finally, I felt like the author tried too hard to make the book a work of fine literature. Its prose was overblown and unnecessarily ostentatious, the narrative overly affected.

The Marriage of Opposites
    by Alice Hoffman
  • Book Jacket: Miss Jane
    Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson
  • Book Jacket: Dinner with Edward
    Dinner with Edward
    by Isabel Vincent
    In late 2009 Isabel Vincent and her family were still newcomers to New York City. She and her ...

The Imperial Wife
    by Irina Reyn

Falling
    by Jane Green

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All