Reader reviews and comments on All Shall Be Well; And All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well, plus links to write your own review.

by Tod Wodicka

All Shall Be Well; And All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well by Tod Wodicka

Feb 2008, 272 pages
    Jan 2009, 272 pages

Stacey Brownlie

There is 1 reader review for All Shall Be Well; And All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well

Power Reviewer Kim (07/22/08)

Disappointing
I really wanted to like this book for a variety of reasons. From the jacket it sounded like it would be exactly up my reading alley. Unfortunately, the book did not live up to my hopes & expectations. I think the biggest problem I had with it was that its main character raised no sympathy in me whatsoever. I thought the problems he faced were, for the most part, unremarkable and of his own making. There were some scenes that were well-written, but I didn't find the novel all that humorous for the most part (more sad than funny, in my opinion). I thought the ending was weak. Finally, I felt like the author tried too hard to make the book a work of fine literature. Its prose was overblown and unnecessarily ostentatious, the narrative overly affected.

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

They say that in the end truth will triumph, but it's a lie.

O My D B