MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on All Shall Be Well; And All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well, plus links to write your own review.

by Tod Wodicka

Feb 2008, 272 pages
    Jan 2009, 272 pages

Stacey Brownlie

There is 1 reader review for All Shall Be Well; And All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well

Power Reviewer Kim (07/22/08)

Disappointing
I really wanted to like this book for a variety of reasons. From the jacket it sounded like it would be exactly up my reading alley. Unfortunately, the book did not live up to my hopes & expectations. I think the biggest problem I had with it was that its main character raised no sympathy in me whatsoever. I thought the problems he faced were, for the most part, unremarkable and of his own making. There were some scenes that were well-written, but I didn't find the novel all that humorous for the most part (more sad than funny, in my opinion). I thought the ending was weak. Finally, I felt like the author tried too hard to make the book a work of fine literature. Its prose was overblown and unnecessarily ostentatious, the narrative overly affected.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday
    by Susan Rivers

Win The Widow

"Engrossing."
- Stephen King

A loving husband or a heartless killer…She'd know. Wouldn't she?

• Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Terranauts
    The Terranauts
    by T.C. Boyle
    In an increasingly noisy and fractious world, the idea of "getting away from it all" holds ...
    The Gardens of Consolation
    by Parisa Reza
    The Gardens of Consolation introduces 12-year-old Talla, and her 20-year-old husband Sadar, as they ...

H I A H Does