Reader reviews and comments on Animal's People, plus links to write your own review.

Animal's People

by Indra Sinha

Animal's People by Indra Sinha

Mar 2008, 384 pages
    Mar 2009, 384 pages

Sarah Sacha Dollacker

There is 1 reader review for Animal's People

Power Reviewer Kim (12/15/08)

My favorite of the year
This might be my favorite book of 2008. I found it to be extremely original and very entertaining. The protagonist, Animal, is one of those fictional characters you wish you knew in real life and are reluctant to leave behind once completing the novel. He feels real. He's profane and uncouth, but with a heart of gold and an underlying wisdom that really draws the reader to him.

Unfortunately, this is a book that many people will reject after perusing the first couple of paragraphs, as its style, language and subject matter are radically different that what most readers expect from a novel; its pretty jarring at first. Eight of the twelve members of my book club absolutely hated the book initially, and wouldn't have completed it if they'd picked it up on their own. Eleven out of twelve of us loved it by its conclusion, though, and have been busily passing our copies on to our friends and relatives.

• Book Jacket: Lincoln in the Bardo
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

K Your F C