MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Mudbound, plus links to write your own review.

by Hillary Jordan

Mar 2008, 336 pages
    Mar 2009, 336 pages

Lucia Silva

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Mudbound

Joyce S. (01/31/12)

Mudbound
Our Book Club reviewed the book, at length, today and found so much to discuss.
We liked the chapters written from each character's perspective and so true to the time and place. This book should be made into a movie.
Power Reviewer Dorothy T. (07/18/11)

Tackling tough issues
This is an engaging read and would lead to great discussions in a book club. The characters are carefully developed and the story moved me along and pulled at my emotions.
Marian the Librarian (02/26/10)

A fast and excellent read!
A fast and excellent read! A great book for book clubs. So many issues to discuss about the South after WW II.

Some have remarked it is a grim book. I think it's a book that especially women will identify with the female characters, although they both have lapses in good judgment.
None of ya business (02/16/10)

Black and White Sparks emerge and form unity
This book is amazing. We read it in class. I love this book so much. I enjoy this book and would recommend it to everyone in the world who is black because it shows them that we all come far in life to get to the position that we are all in today.
Michelle (07/15/08)

Mudbound seeps into your soul
This book is one of the best books I have read so far in 2008. Reminiscent of Faulkner, the author chose to have multiple narrators of this tale. The book in gripping from start to finish and as a reader I can easily empathize with each character. The ending is unexpected but perfect. Just like the mud in the title, the book and its characters will seep into your mind and make you glad you picked up this book.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk

by Robert Harris
  • Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...

H W S W T Devil S H A L S