MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Mudbound, plus links to write your own review.

Mudbound

Lucia Silva

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Mudbound

Joyce S.

Mudbound
Our Book Club reviewed the book, at length, today and found so much to discuss.
We liked the chapters written from each character's perspective and so true to the time and place. This book should be made into a movie.
Marian the Librarian

A fast and excellent read!
A fast and excellent read! A great book for book clubs. So many issues to discuss about the South after WW II.

Some have remarked it is a grim book. I think it's a book that especially women will identify with the female characters, although they both have lapses in good judgment.
None of ya business

Black and White Sparks emerge and form unity
This book is amazing. We read it in class. I love this book so much. I enjoy this book and would recommend it to everyone in the world who is black because it shows them that we all come far in life to get to the position that we are all in today.
Michelle

Mudbound seeps into your soul
This book is one of the best books I have read so far in 2008. Reminiscent of Faulkner, the author chose to have multiple narrators of this tale. The book in gripping from start to finish and as a reader I can easily empathize with each character. The ending is unexpected but perfect. Just like the mud in the title, the book and its characters will seep into your mind and make you glad you picked up this book.
Dorothy T.

Tackling tough issues
This is an engaging read and would lead to great discussions in a book club. The characters are carefully developed and the story moved me along and pulled at my emotions.

Orange World and Other Stories
    by Karen Russell
    Karen Russell has a tremendous gift for crafting uncanny, through-the-looking glass worlds that are ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Longings
    The Book of Longings
    by Sue Monk Kidd
    The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd follows the life of Ana, a woman born in the Galilean city of ...
  • Book Jacket: Master Class
    Master Class
    by Christina Dalcher
    Christina Dalcher's Master Class shows America sleepwalking into a perfectionist eventuality not ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Pronounce Knife
    How to Pronounce Knife
    by Souvankham Thammavongsa
    Many examples of immigrant fiction dedicate a portion of their storytelling to exploring details of ...

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

Daughter of the Reich
    by Louise Fein

A spellbinding story of impossible love set against the backdrop of the Nazi regime.

The Paris Hours
by Alex George

One day in the City of Light. One night in search of lost time.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

B I T T Water