Reader reviews and comments on The Serpent's Tale, plus links to write your own review.

by Ariana Franklin

Jan 2008, 384 pages
    Feb 2009, 416 pages

Kathy Pierson

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Serpent's Tale

Gloria (06/17/10)

The Serpent's Tale
I fell in love with the characters when I read "The Mistress of the art of Death" , they are believable, funny, with all the human failings one could possibly have. The story lines are engaging and I spent a couple sleepless nights because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Arianna Franklin has a new number one fan. I really enjoyed a "Serpent's Tale" with all its twist and turns. A very good read and I can't wait to get my hands on "Grave Goods" and "A Murderous Procession".
joey (03/04/09)

unremarkable
The story is somewhat predictable.
Power Reviewer Kim (05/02/08)

So-So mystery
I absolutely LOVED Ariana Franklin's first book in this series, "Mistress in the Art of Death," and couldn't wait to read "Serpent's Tale." Unfortunately, Franklin's second book is just kind of average. It dithers around a lot without moving the plot along much. There's nothing terribly surprising about the mystery. Many of the non-recurring characters are cardboard cutouts. Too many coincidences occur in the plot (something I've always considered to be sloppy writing). Some of it could be just me; I had big expectations that weren't met. Still, the main characters are very appealing, and I'm looking forward to reading a third - and hopefully better - addition to the series.

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review