Reader reviews and comments on My Enemy's Cradle, plus links to write your own review.

My Enemy's Cradle

by Sara Young (Pennypacker)

My Enemy's Cradle by Sara Young (Pennypacker) X
My Enemy's Cradle by Sara Young (Pennypacker)

Jan 2008, 384 pages
    Oct 2008, 384 pages

Stacey Brownlie

There are currently 6 reader reviews for My Enemy's Cradle

maggie

My Enemy's Cradle
One of the best books I have read in years. The characters are so real you hate for the book to end; the characters have become YOUR family members.
Myksmom

Captivating
Loved this book! Once I started reading I couldn't put it down, stayed up until 2 am to finish it last night.
Nicole

Wow
Wow. this book is honestly the most heart-wrenching, beautiful book ever. Sara Young is an amazingly talented author. Cyrla's is a wonderfully created character, she is genuinely innocent and insightful. Thank you for adding to the large array of amazing Holocaust books.
beth-ann

My enemy's cradle.
I happen to think this book is one of the best I have ever read. It kept me on the edge of wherever I was sitting, it never ceased to let me down. I recomend it because it's a heart-striking novel with some twists and turns that make it worth the read!!
Lynn R

Great Historic Novel
This was an excellent historic novel. This time in history is very fascinating to me and this book covers a much unknown story of Nazis and Jewish people in Europe during WWII. The characters are very believable, interesting and diverse. This was one of the best books I have read in a long time. I belong to a book club of women and everyone thought that this was an extremely good book and hard to put down once you pick it up.
Dawn

My Enemy's Cradle
Excellent, once you start on it you don't want to put it down. Story of a young girl trying to survive and save her unborn baby.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Transcendent Kingdom
    Transcendent Kingdom
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Yaa Gyasi's (pronounced "yah jessie") Transcendent Kingdom is, among other things, a meditation on ...
  • Book Jacket: We Are Not Free
    We Are Not Free
    by Traci Chee
    Author Traci Chee is best known for her young adult fantasy trilogy, The Reader series. We Are Not ...
  • Book Jacket: The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    by Jennifer Hofmann
    The title of Jennifer Hofmann's perceptive debut novel with its bureaucratese strongly suggests a ...
  • Book Jacket: His Only Wife
    His Only Wife
    by Peace Adzo Medie
    21-year-old Afi is a talented Ghanaian seamstress eager to study fashion design, but her life is ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

The Shadow King
by Maaza Mengiste

An unforgettable epic shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize, and named a best book of the year by the New York Times.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C