Reader reviews and comments on The Shock Doctrine, plus links to write your own review.

The Shock Doctrine

Amy Reading

There is 1 reader review for The Shock Doctrine

mike smith (11/16/10)

the shock doctrine
This is a great example of leftist thinking gone horribly wonky. This writer sees right-wing capitalist evil in every move of the lefts, by now, boring and non-existent demons. Where is her rage at 50 million murdered in the Chinese communist's revolution? No, far worse is Haliburton building nice accommodation for our troops. She fails to see the difference between free capitalism, and controlled fascism as exists in some South American countries, or elsewhere. This is, as Bruce Dern said in a western, "just plain dumb and stupid".

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

The less we know, the longer our explanations.

K Your F C