Reader reviews and comments on The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox, plus links to write your own review.

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox

Amy Reading

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox

reading woman (04/15/10)

Crimes against women
This chilling novel falls in the category of crimes against and by women. Esme Lennox was "vanished" because she did not fit in with what was expected by her culture. Set in the present with the back story coming out bit by bit, the horror of the story, the extreme twistedness of the characters and the inhumane attitudes toward such a woman as Esme, drilled into my heart.

The real secret of the novel is in the writing and the delicate, tasteful way all is finally revealed. You can suppress and twist the human spirit but you cannot eliminate it.
Power Reviewer Melissa (02/05/09)

What is Madness?
Thoroughly enjoyed the mystery. The writing had potential to be very confusing, but Farrell did a great job of tying it all together.
Says much about what behaviors we consider "Mad", maybe they are just abnormal - much like today's prolific diagnosis of autism. maybe being different isn't always wrong or in need of being fixed.
The Brit (11/05/08)

An Unfavorable Review for The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
I rarely read book reviews before I buy a novel. I don’t like to be influenced by others in what I consider to be a personal experience. However, on this occasion I wish I had read a few of the reviews before purchasing the book. I gave this book a 1-star (mediocre) ; I found it to be well written but utterly predictable.
Majorbabs (07/18/08)

Memorable, moving story
It's always good to be reminded of what today's women have won in terms of freedom, and The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox is one of the best choices. The story of Esme, who is released from hiding after many years, is one that will touch you and move you. Decidedly non-linear, it may be hard to grasp who's talking and when in spots, but persevere and an engrossing, very personal tale will enfold you.

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...
  • Book Jacket: Inferno
    Inferno
    by Steven Hatch
    The word "Ebola" sets off an almost visceral reaction in many of us; we think about the men, women ...

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R