What readers think of Nineteen Minutes, plus links to write your own review.

Nineteen Minutes

by Jodi Picoult

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult X
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Mar 2007, 464 pages

Feb 2008, 464 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for Nineteen Minutes

Ali

Nineteen Minutes is the most amazing book Jodi Picoult has written yet. She never stops amazing me. This book is incredibly deep. She gets inside the heads of people in every situation, making you realize that judgment can lead to compassion if you take the time to learn where the enemy weeps.
Kathy

We Never Know
How Jodi gets into the minds of teenagers is incredible. I am a librarian and the kids agree. I hope that many people will read this book because I believe we have to change the way we act. Just because we are the big guy in the world doesn't mean everything we do is right.
Mika

Recommended.
This book is a nice book. At least better than I had expected. It creates suspense and also has a twist ending. It is a really unpredictable book that makes really excited to read on. I rate it a 4/5 because it really deserves it. The only bad point is that the book that some boring parts that will make you want stop reading it. Otherwise, it is a superb book! Picoult's book are all really exciting and also captivating. I had also read her other series and find that this is one of the nicer one. I would also recommend my friends to read it. Thumbs up to Picoult!!!
Emily Viscuso

Viscuso's 19 Minutes Review
Jodi Picoult’s 19 Minutes takes place in the small town of Sterling, New Hampshire. It starts off in its High School where the Peter Houghton’s shooting spree took place, along with the murder of ten students. The book alternates by chapter from the year 2007 to any point in the past. The narrative style in this book is in 3rd person, the author follows lots of different characters to give the reader a better understanding or explanation of the way a character may respond to something or those actions that take place. This style gives the reader a larger spectrum of characters.Over all I believe that this is a very well-written and thought out book. This author is very inspiring and brilliant. I would most definitely suggest this book to any one.
Brittany

Didnt like the ending
I enjoyed reading this book. BUT I HATED THE ENDING!
Chicago Review

Nineteen Minutes Review
A heart warming story where a quiet boy ends up a murderer. Jodi Piccoult has a good plot, but fails to grab the reader. The characters are not as well analyzed as her other books, and though a splendid story teller, Jodi could have made this book much more put together than she did.
Reader734

Feminist view in whole.
I no not think this is a good book. From cover to cover the book is filled with feminist views on how The author believes young men behave. None of these acts would ever happen in a real school without a teacher noticing and the bully being caught. Any half intelligent reader could tell that the book was written by a women and it shows in the main character Peter's case.
Ttray

Nineteen minutes
The ending was poor, Why would she do what she did to someone she repeatedly says she "cant live without"? Considering the non existent relationship between her and Peter because she was to weak to stand up for herself.

This book does more stereotyping than anything ive read."

It took a sensitive matter insensitively.
As a Picoult fan I am sadly displeased.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Big Red
    Big Red
    by Jerome Charyn
    Jerome Charyn made his name as an author of detective novels, and over the years he has taken his ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery
  • Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...

All the Lonely People
by Mike Gayle
A cozy novel for fans of A Man Called Ove. A widowed retiree will rediscover the world he’s turned his back on.

Members Recommend