Reader reviews and comments on Nineteen Minutes, plus links to write your own review.

Nineteen Minutes

Feb 2008, 464 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for Nineteen Minutes

Fdub

Not so good
This is such a confusing book always referring back and forth in time . The book was about a school shooting and that's all I wanted to do when I read it.... I do not recommend a huge gossip story turned into a murder plot.
Kristi

Don't waste my time
As usual, Jodi Picoult does not waste time developing her characters, preferring to make most main characters only children of deceased parents. A major plot problem that I could not get past was that the judge for the trial that ensues after this high school shooting is the mother of a student whose boyfriend was killed in the shooting. Furthermore, the mother used to be best friends with the shooter's mother. Come on! That would never EVER happen in the judicial system. I find Picoult's work to be average at best and filled with discrepancies and poor editing.

• Book Jacket: Wilder Girls
    Wilder Girls
    by Rory Power
    In Rory Power's Wilder Girls, the Raxter School for Girls, located on Raxter Island off the coast of...
  • Book Jacket: Inland
    Inland
    by Téa Obreht
    It's 1893 and the sparsely populated settlement of Amargo, deep in the Arizona Territory, is ...
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Conviction
    Conviction
    by Denise Mina
    Scottish author Denise Mina's latest novel, Conviction, is a fast-paced thriller narrated by Anna, a...

Ellie and the Harpmaker
    by Hazel Prior

A rich, heartwarming and charming debut novel about finding love in unexpected places.

Book Club
The Overstory
by Richard Powers

"Monumental… A gigantic fable of genuine truths."—Barbara Kingsolver, The New York Times Book Review

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Crudo

Crudo by Olivia Laing

A brilliant, funny, and emphatically raw novel of love on the brink of the apocalypse.

S A A B In A R