Reader reviews and comments on The Saffron Kitchen, plus links to write your own review.

The Saffron Kitchen

by Yasmin Crowther

The Saffron Kitchen by Yasmin Crowther X
The Saffron Kitchen by Yasmin Crowther

Dec 2006, 272 pages
    Aug 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Saffron Kitchen

T. Borgelin

I ate and drank in every aromatic
I ate and drank in every aromatic word. I was afraid to laugh for fear that I would soon cry and afraid to cry for fear that I would not be able to stop. I smelled the saffron and black tea and mint and sadness and bittersweet moments. I want to go back and take that trip again...
Sheila Karron

Incredible read
I have about 40 pages left and I cannot put the book down. It has been a long time since I was so involved with a novel. I cried, I laughed , and I felt such emotion for each of the characters. The book gives such wonderful insight into the Iranain culture. I felt like I was experiencing it as a tourist. It is hard to believe that this Yasmin's first book.I hope it is fully recognized in the literary circles.
Tara

is it me or the book???
English is my third language... but that has not prevent me from enjoying James Joyce, William Faulkner, Toni Morrison or H D Thoureau ... It has not prevented me from enjoying Anita Damant, Arundhiti Roy Khaled Hosseini or Elizabeth Gilbert... but, try as might, I canNOT bring myself to understand or appreciate The Saffron Kitchen. The story itself is very interesting... but the author has her fingerprint all over which I find it distracting and rather annoying... Much of the dialogues, especially between the young Saaed and Sara are not believable. The plot is weak and it was really hard to "get to know" the characters.

A Short History of Iran

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Office of Historical Corrections
    The Office of Historical Corrections
    by Danielle Evans
    In The Office of Historical Corrections, the second story collection from Danielle Evans, readers ...
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict

The real-life disappearance of Agatha Christie is perhaps her greatest mystery of all.

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F