Reader reviews and comments on The Saffron Kitchen, plus links to write your own review.

The Saffron Kitchen

by Yasmin Crowther

The Saffron Kitchen

Dec 2006, 272 pages
    Aug 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Saffron Kitchen

T. Borgelin (04/23/09)

I ate and drank in every aromatic
I ate and drank in every aromatic word. I was afraid to laugh for fear that I would soon cry and afraid to cry for fear that I would not be able to stop. I smelled the saffron and black tea and mint and sadness and bittersweet moments. I want to go back and take that trip again...
Tara (10/14/07)

is it me or the book???
English is my third language... but that has not prevent me from enjoying James Joyce, William Faulkner, Toni Morrison or H D Thoureau ... It has not prevented me from enjoying Anita Damant, Arundhiti Roy Khaled Hosseini or Elizabeth Gilbert... but, try as might, I canNOT bring myself to understand or appreciate The Saffron Kitchen. The story itself is very interesting... but the author has her fingerprint all over which I find it distracting and rather annoying... Much of the dialogues, especially between the young Saaed and Sara are not believable. The plot is weak and it was really hard to "get to know" the characters.
Sheila Karron (03/26/07)

Incredible read
I have about 40 pages left and I cannot put the book down. It has been a long time since I was so involved with a novel. I cried, I laughed , and I felt such emotion for each of the characters. The book gives such wonderful insight into the Iranain culture. I felt like I was experiencing it as a tourist. It is hard to believe that this Yasmin's first book.I hope it is fully recognized in the literary circles.

One Month Free Membership