What readers think of Night, plus links to write your own review.

Night

Jan 2006, 144 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Night

Linc

Wow!
This book is full of how some of the people of Holocaust survived including Eliezer, and is amazing! I want to let my kids read this!
Tychera Gooden

Very good
Raw, surprising and very heartfelt..
Cieran

Elie Wiesel
It was good. It talked about what happened to them, and it was sad.
kenzie ranger

The Jewish-American
The Jewish-American, Elie Wiesel, made the biggest impact on me when I read "Night". His tone in the book let me visualize the story setting by setting. I will never know what it felt like to go through what any of those people in the holocaust went through but now I understand the tragedy.
Luc Dowell

A book
Night was a book that made one of the biggest impacts on me. I have studied already about the holocaust, and I have read many stories about people telling their point of view on these horrors, but none of those stories have made me feel the same way that this book has made me feel. This book has really helped me understand thoroughly what happened.

I already knew all the facts of what happened from studying this subject in a class, but none of those facts that come from a textbook gave me a personal reflection of this dreadful moment, which is what this book "taught" me. The way Elie Wiesel wrote this book gave me a deep understanding of what happened during the Holocaust, and used very strong imagery to describe the pain and fear that he, and many others had to go through. It helped me understand the struggle Jewish people had to go through during that time period, and how they had to hide themselves in order to simply belong to the religion that they wanted to follow. Although this book was rather short, it really depicted the life of a prisoner getting deported to numerous concentration camps, struggling for survival. The events that happened throughout the book, such as the disappearance of his mother and sister, the killing of the babies, the death of his father, the branding or tattooing which made everyone feel like they belonged to someone else; all greatly affected Eliezer on both a physical and emotional level. Being able to read this story caused me to really understand the suffering Eliezer went through. I really liked this book, and I recommend it for anyone who is willing to explore what happened in these terrible camps.
Kendell Sutton

Great read!
Great novel! I very much enjoyed the Novel night and the lessons it taught me. Elie Wiesel truly takes us into the concentration camps and shows us what cruel things man does to each other first hand. He does what he must to survive and he continues to stay in there even when things take a turn for the worst. I feel most everybody should be instructed to read this book and learn that we shouldn’t single any one group or person out because of their beliefs or culture. This genocide was bullying to an extreme level and we still have it on smaller scale today in modern day places. This book teaches all its readers to really treat others you want to be treated and all with mutual respect. I loved this book and it definitely goes to my top “reads”.
Camaro

WOWWWWW!!!!!
Night is the BEST book i have ever read about the holocaust. Unlike most Holocaust book it is not a very emotional book in the tense that it makes you sad, but it does fill you with anger at the way humanity acts towards each other. The childish attempt to place the blame of Germanys failure resulted in the unjust punishment of an innocent people that is displayed clearly in this novel without the regular fog of emotions. Night is a stunning story of faith, cruelty, and love that tries to find a place in a world were the only way to survive is to rely only on ones self and not be burdened with family, friends, or common human compassion.
Bryant Alexander

Challenge
I read Night and to me it summarizes a man who meant threw such pain and torture that there was never a light at the end of it. Elie single-handedly changed the way I saw the Holocaust. He brought forth the meaning of CHALLENGE....

Join and Save 20%!

Foster
    by Claire Keegan

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

Members Recommend

The Family Izquierdo
    by Rubén Degollado

A masterful debut that weaves together the lives of three generations of a Mexican American family bound by love, and a curse.

W N, W Not

Our wisdom comes from our experience, and our experience comes from our foolishness