MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Banker to the Poor, plus links to write your own review.

Banker to the Poor

Jun 1999, 258 pages
    Oct 2003, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Banker to the Poor

Phearun Kuch

Idea from student from a developing country
After hearing the title of the book from a friends of my. I remembered the name of the book straight away "Banker to the Poor"

It is a very interesting book with clear and easy to understand message. It is so important for us all as students to learn about this issue by reflecting the message in the book and the poor society we live in.

If one ask me what book a like to read, I will say "Banker to the Poor". And I already put this in my blog profile and I found hundred of people similar to me writing the title "Banker to the Poor " in their favorite book.
Velma

War Against Poverty
It sounded so simple I wondered that no one had ever tried it before. Then I remembered big business and the lending companies that I had personal experience with. No, they would never do this even if it occurred to them. There isn't enough profit. However, I am so glad that someone saw beyond the bottom line and tried micro-lending. This book is a fascinating look at one man's war against poverty. He saw a need and came up with a way to fight. Although I don't understand all the ins and outs of money lending this is a heart warming story of many people's escape from mind numbing poverty and the man who helped them do it. It should be required reading.

• Book Jacket: Follow Me to Ground
    by Sue Rainsford
    Ada and her father are human-like beings who age slowly and possess the power to heal all illness. ...
  • Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...
  • Book Jacket: Little Gods
    Little Gods
    by Meng Jin
    Little Gods, Meng Jin's intricate, emotionally intelligent debut, opens with a scene in which ...

Small Days and Nights
    by Tishani Doshi

A captivating and clear-eyed story of two sisters, set against the backdrop of modern India.

The Sun Down Motel
    by Simone St. James

The chilling new novel from the national bestselling and award-winning author of The Broken Girls.

Father of Lions
by Louise Callaghan

A true-to-life narrative of one man's remarkable quest to save the Mosul Zoo.

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I