What readers think of Dairy Queen, plus links to write your own review.

Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock X
Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

May 2006, 278 pages
    Jun 2007, 278 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Dairy Queen

Demi

Dairy Queen is Supreme
I read this book in roughly four hours because I could not put it down it was just that good. Although I would love for Murdock to write a sequel. It would definitely be worth buying. Two thumbs way up!
kailey

Pretty Good Book
This book is pretty good. I enjoyed all the action on the farm and the action between the to young ones. This is a great book for someone who loves a country book.
...

is there a second
this book was amazing i have to amit but i mean the end was like ReALLY iwas wondering if there was a second but i could not did not find it so i was sad but i had to many qustion at the end like did she end up with him did she become friends with amber did her life bocome better... to many questions at the end if u like that ending then read it!!!! but other than that it was amazing it was perfect!!

(Editor's Note: The sequel to Dairy Queen is The Off Season.)
Lina

Who said girls couldn't play football?
I'm all for happy endings. When the girl gets the guy out of her league or the guy meets the girl of his dreams. I gotta say this book left me high and dry. I spent all night reading to find that happy ending and it never happened! This book is life changing if you have the patience to finish it.
meggie

good so far
It's a good book but also very boring in some parts. I would sometimes skip paragraphs it was so boring.
Chantelle

Dairy Fail.
Dairy Queen was a good book, Yes I admit, a good background, a great lookout, but the book itself, was very boring. Looking over the other reviews I agree totally, that the book started off to slowly. and it left the readers hanging around waiting for someone to do something. It is said that there is about 7 seconds that the human mind is interested in something, and their minds think about something else doing reading or doing their daily activities. Even though they may not stop, they still think about something else every once in a while. Which I think is very funny because, I am surprised I made it through this book. Not saying that it is horrible, but just saying that the book got off real slow. I didn't like how slow it was, to start off with. I didn't enjoy the middle either. The readers were I'm sure still very bored. but that is just my opinion.
In my case, THIS book FAILED. epically. and i am very disappointing. Goodbye and have a wonderful fantastic, lovely, life.
Justin Bieber

The book started off really slow..It didn't really start getting exciting till the end. I really didn't like it because all they talked about was farming, which is really boring to me.
Michelle I.

BORING
Okay, it is "sweet" and "cute" but it was NOT worth reading 274 pages!!!!! I was about to throw the book out the window!!!!! I have never been this bored in a book! The author is very talented. My advice to her is to GET TO THE POINT MORE FASTER AND INCLUDE MORE TWISTS! There are TONS of books I recommend over this one!!! I mean this is the typical basic story about a girl on a farm that wants to play football. C'mon we all know its the same sappy "love" story we have seen a million times on Disney Chanel!

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: Dark Horses
    Dark Horses
    by Susan Mihalic
    Dark Horses is a shocking, heart-pounding debut; it's both a coming-of-age novel and an unflinching ...
  • Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...
  • Book Jacket: Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    by Malinda Lo
    Author Malinda Lo takes readers to Chinatown, San Francisco in 1954, where 17-year-old Lily Hu is ...
  • Book Jacket: No One Is Talking About This
    No One Is Talking About This
    by Patricia Lockwood
    If anyone knows the ins and outs of living online, it's Patricia Lockwood. Before her stellar memoir...

Black Widows
    by Cate Quinn

A brilliant joyride in the company of three sister-wives with nothing in common except their dead husband.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis