What readers think of An Ordinary Man, plus links to write your own review.

An Ordinary Man

Mar 2007, 224 pages

There is 1 reader review for An Ordinary Man

larissa

awsome
This book was so good. but it was also sad. I can't understand why people killed others just because a Beljin guy said "your lighter and taller so you're a Tutsi and your darker and shorter so your a Hutu" and they actually turned against each other ! I also saw Hotel Rwanda . We watched it in school. People laughed at how people were getting killed and then they would call out "come on just shoot 'um" like they wanted to watch them get killed. But then I said " I know that you would not laugh at that if it was you" and they would say "nah I'd be on my bike and be shooting those nig**** down" then I thought "I know what they would do that they'd be hiding." Also what I don't understand is how all those British people and European people that were there saw all those orphans just out there. Why didn't the Europeans try and adopt those orphans for a cheap price and get them out of that madness? I know I would have though. Well anyway the book was great and Mr.R you are a great and brave man. I once herd a saying "it takes a strong man to stand up for himself but it takes an even stronger man to stand up for everyone else"

The Republic of Rwanda

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...
  • Book Jacket: All the Lonely People
    All the Lonely People
    by Mike Gayle
    Mike Gayle's charming novel All the Lonely People introduces us to Hubert Bird, an 82-year-old ...
  • Book Jacket: Perish
    Perish
    by LaToya Watkins
    It's a commonly cited fact that many perpetrators of sexual abuse, particularly men, are victims of ...

The Ways We Hide
by Kristina McMorris

Members Recommend

The Family Izquierdo
    by Rubén Degollado

A masterful debut that weaves together the lives of three generations of a Mexican American family bound by love, and a curse.

Natural History