MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Gossamer, plus links to write your own review.

Gossamer

by Lois Lowry

Gossamer

Apr 2006, 144 pages
    Jan 2008, 160 pages

There are currently 21 reader reviews for Gossamer

mystery guy (07/30/13)

Gossamer is 100000of10
Awesome book; it is truly filled with lovely neat details!
henry garner (03/14/12)

the gossamer
Gossamer is a great book with love and hope.
bookworm (07/04/11)

Wondeful
I just read this book at 28 and I loved it! It weaves Lowry's great imagination with innocence and worldliness. How she does it is absolutely amazing I teared up at the end.
Elizabeth An Boyd (03/07/11)

Best book EVER!!!
Hello people of earth! You may think this is some weird book, but it's not! It is the best book ever! I myself read it in grade 4 and now I can't find the book anywhere! It's like it just disappeared into nowhere. I want to read it again but I can't find it! This is my all time favorite book and it will be yours to! In the book it's like a never-ending trail of questions that makes it so interesting! You have no idea what the creators look like, sound like, or what the are! They even wonder themselves! And when they have to fight against the enemy to save the boy, dog and grandma. . . You can find out the rest!
Anonymous (02/14/11)

Ingenious
I loved this book; it was so refreshing and relaxing, perfect for a quiet day, really. The story was ingenious, and Lois Lowry displayed certain emotions and scenes perfectly. I loved the book and it remains of my favorites of hers, alongside Number The Stars.
Ethan Salinas (01/26/11)

AWESOMENESS!!!
I absolutely loved this book. Lois Lowry illustrates the book so gracefully and elegantly I totally recommend this book!!!
ellen (11/11/10)

Amazing and inspiring
I loved this book! It was so refreshing and mysterious at the same time, along with the inspirational feelings it gave to me. Gossamer showed that love does have an impact. Author Lois Lowry has again created a perfect plot filled with suspense, and, along with that, woven the characters together in a way that will surely touch your heart.
g (10/23/10)

Awesome!
Gossamer was a great book I enjoyed reading. It was full of adventure and dreams. I loved it!

• Book Jacket: The North Water
    The North Water
    by Ian McGuire
    In early 1859 the crew of the Volunteer, a Greenland-bound whaler, is making the most of the last ...
  • Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...

The Children
    by Ann Leary

With remarkable wit and insight, Ann Leary pulls back the curtain on one blended family.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun