Reader reviews and comments on Gossamer, plus links to write your own review.

Gossamer

Jan 2008, 160 pages

There are currently 21 reader reviews for Gossamer

Alondra (09/12/07)

Incedible
This book is one of the best books I have ever read,and I'm only 11,and what does an11 year old really know about books at this age. I really recomend you read this book.
Stephanie (07/17/07)

Opinion
I thought that the book was a little confusing in the beginning because I started to think that the main characters were animals. But then when I read further into the book, I finally realized the characters were humans. over all, I thought that the book was pretty good.
JG (05/07/07)

My 4th Grader and I Loved Gossamer!
My 4th grade daughter and I picked this up and just loved reading it together. It reminded me a bit of Lois Lowry's -The Giver in the sense that sometimes it got us thinking so far out, but it seemed, shorter and more manageable in subject matter than The Giver. You can't escape parts of the book's harshness that really got her (my daughter) thinking about how she might judge classmates that might act the same way as John. Her school has many potential "Johns" that maybe now, she can begin to understand. Excellent book!
Melissa (04/06/07)

Dream a little dream
Now I know where dreams come from! A beautiful book for adults and children alike. Great to read to a child and discuss. The imagery was beautiful and touching.
Alicia (12/03/06)

Gossamer
This was a touching and AMAZING book! I LOVED it. It really sparks your imagination!

• Book Jacket: The Water Will Come
    The Water Will Come
    by Jeff Goodell
    Standing in a Manhattan neighborhood after Hurricane Sandy, Jeff Goodell, a contributing editor at ...
    Pachinko
    by Min Jin Lee
    Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

The Dry by Jane Harper

Winner of the 2017 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award

The Days When Birds Come Back
    by Deborah Reed

The Milk Lady of Bangalore
    by Shoba Narayan

A charming story about our deep connection to the animals who live among us.

Win Mothers of Sparta