What readers think of We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families, plus links to write your own review.

We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families

Stories From Rwanda

by Philip Gourevitch

We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families by Philip Gourevitch X

Sep 1998, 356 pages

Mar 2000, 368 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families

Amanda Greer age: 19

Amazing book. Not only does Gourevitch put truth right into your face with quality and thoughtful writing, he makes you question what else we aren't being told. He solidly proves that things are often sugarcoated for the masses and to prevent genocidal events like this from happening we need to be educated. This book will in no doubt have you wanting to know more about international involevement in true human affairs issues.
Soldat

Great book. Really puts a stick in the spokes of the wheels of people who believe in the "humanity" and rationality of the west. "Never again" is just stupid, it happened again in Rwanda and will happen again. If you want to go on believing in a fuzzy image of a peaceful, loving, generous, and just world, do NOT read this book. This book will reveal to you in no uncertain terms the truth of human nature and human interactions. This was a genocide the Hitler's, Stalins, Pol Pot's, the Armenian, the Bosnian ethnic cleansing, etc. After reading this book I am disgusted with all parties involved in the whole thing except the RPA/RPF. Read the book if you want to know who they are, they're the only good guys practically.
Aaron Hicks

Unbelievably astonishing wake up call. Eye opening, it will change your perspective. Gourevitch's passion is inspiring to say the least.
Kyleigh

No tip-toeing around what is a very difficult subject. Gives you the facts and the details which allow you to see the whole picture of the Rwandan genocide that has so often been misunderstood.
Jennifer Liz

This book shows how life was in Rwanda. This book is a great book to study as a class assignment. This book is sad but informs the reader very much.
Asma

Its an amazaing book. A brillant and endearing report of the Rwanda genocide. It depicts and illustrates every gruesome aspect of the massacre through first hand accounts. Its a remarkable book, and I would recommend it to everyone, we should all be aware of what happens behind closed doors.
Ciaran

Finally a face put the genocide in Rwanda. Not enough of us truly know what went on in the 1994 massacre. one of only a few truly important books I have read recently. Just as I believe every person should learn about the holocaust, every person should learn about the case in Rwanda. This book can fill that need.
Jamie

A snunning collection of thoughts and stories of a horrible genocide that cannot be forgotten....History repeats it self and we must make this not true.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...

The Ways We Hide