Reader reviews and comments on The Dancing Girls of Lahore, plus links to write your own review.

The Dancing Girls of Lahore

Jul 2006, 336 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Dancing Girls of Lahore

sahar (03/02/13)

deeply moving
Excellent work. Great observations without any prejudice. I had tears in my eyes. Must read
Kamii (07/20/08)

I deeply recommend this book. Brown is a sharp observer of details, and blends the complexity of past and current social issues with an own sense of humour, and unsentimental yet moving depicting of different lives she comes across over time. Her writing appeals to all of the senses and emotions. It's easy to lose track of time spent with your nose in this book. Absolutely delightful and enlightening. Because of this book I am now seriously planning a trip to Pakistan... :)
john (11/13/07)

Sam! I agree with you! I am so hooked! amazing work Brown!!
sam (11/22/06)

What a book! Hats off a thousand times to Ms brown for publishing such a fantastic book! I read the first page and was hooked until I had finished. everyone should read this book, truly soul shaking!!

• Book Jacket: Hag-Seed
    by Margaret Atwood
    There's a scene in The Tempest that many critics have concluded is indicative of Shakespeare&#...
  • Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.