Reader reviews and comments on The Third Secret, plus links to write your own review.

The Third Secret

by Steve Berry

The Third Secret by Steve Berry

May 2005, 416 pages
    Jan 2006, 400 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Third Secret

Sharon Barker (11/28/09)

Solid Entry Into The Historical Thriller Genre
While I have enjoyed all of Steve Berry's novels weaving history, mystery, and chases, this is my favorite. It may be reminiscent for some of Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons", but I think this is a better book. The plotting is superb and easy to follow, the characterization is solid, and the descriptions of the locales are excellent.
Berry is always at his best when evoking a sense of history, and this book does not disappoint in that regard. While reading it I could see it in my mind's eye.
I heartily recommend this book to any who enjoy the genre. If you're like me, you don't have a lot of time to read. This novel is an excellent expenditure of your precious time.
Abigail (12/29/07)

The Third Secret...???
Although Berry's first two books were good, this book lacks authenticity. It is obvious even before reading Berry's profile that he is a disgruntled & disillusioned Catholic. His liberal views put him in the same class as David Brown although I think he is a better writer. However his lack of knowledge of Biblical history or the Bible outside of the Catholic teaching is past annoying plus the book moves way too slow. Could have gotten to the disappointing ending 100 pages sooner!!
Amazing Flash (06/05/07)

Nice Review
It is a very slow moving book which starts to go faster as it goes on but overall I think it is not very good.
Marge (01/04/06)

Entertaining
This book was one of those I coulodn't put down. I had no idea what it was about I just picked it up and read it. What a surprise at the character portray and storyline. I will look for more of Mr. Barry's books in the future.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Home Sweet Home
    by April Smith

From the widely praised author of the FBI Special Agent Ana Grey series, a stunning novel set in the McCarthy era.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd rather have been talking

K Your F C