Reader reviews and comments on A History of the World in 6 Glasses, plus links to write your own review.

A History of the World in 6 Glasses

by Tom Standage

A History of the World in 6 Glasses by Tom Standage X
A History of the World in 6 Glasses by Tom Standage

Jun 2005, 240 pages
    May 2006, 311 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for A History of the World in 6 Glasses

hblax2020 (08/06/16)

This book was very boring. it was painfully boring.
Susan (08/04/14)

Killing myself
This book was a good idea, BUT it was horrific. I literally had to pull my eyes open and force myself to read.
JS115 (07/22/13)

A History of the World in 6 Glasses
I kinda liked it but it wasn't what the title says. It's not the whole History of the World... It was the History of the Six Drinks, that's what makes this book kind of boring.
Blah (08/16/11)

Hard To Read
I had to read this book for AP World History. Actually, I'm still reading it. I just can't get through it. Some things are very interesting but it's just very hard to get into it.
Johan (01/27/11)

I read this book for my AP class. For interested parties only. Its written simply enough for anyone to read, but ONLY IF YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN HISTORY, otherwise you'll spend most of your time complaining about having to read it for an AP assignment.
gotzy284 (09/05/10)

I had to read this book for my AP Class. It was so boring, I actually almost fell asleep. Wouldn't read it for spare time.
Shannon (08/16/10)

Burning this book when I finish it.
I had to read this for my AP class. Fell asleep at least a couple of times.. Very boring for teenagers. Don't read it on your own free time. It's horrible! D: And the majority of it, I had no idea what the **** it was talking about.
Amanda (08/13/10)

Poorly executed.
Although this book had a slightly more interesting view on history, it was written in a very boring context, and the only reason I bothered to finish it was because there was an assignment along with it for my AP class. I would not recommend this book to anyone.

• Book Jacket: A Land of Permanent Goodbyes

• Book Jacket: Educated
    by Tara Westover

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Win The Balcony

The Balcony
by Jane Delury

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!