MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Kira-Kira, plus links to write your own review.

Kira-Kira

by Cynthia Kadohata

Kira-Kira

Feb 2004, 256 pages
    Jan 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Kira-Kira

Orangey (07/05/05)

Kira-Kira is glittering
The book is basically about Katie and her struggles with her sister, her parents, in school, and on being different from the rest of the kids in school. I identified with Katie on having a "perfect" older sister and always being compared to her. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because I think a little bit more could have been said about Gregg and Silly.
Sarah (06/29/05)

Amazing
Kira-Kira was an awesome book. I read it in one day because I was so into it that I couldn't put it down! Kira-kira reminded me so much of my sister and me when we were young. I love this book so much and I want everyone to read it.
Amber (06/06/05)

Great Book
This was a great book! My teacher read it to my class and we all loved it. It was also an emotional book. My teacher, and even some of my classmates cried. Cynthia Kadohata, you have terrific talent! I look foward to reading all of your other novels!

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk

by Simon Tolkien

• Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages