Reader reviews and comments on Kira-Kira, plus links to write your own review.

Kira-Kira

by Cynthia Kadohata

Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata

Feb 2004, 256 pages
    Jan 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Kira-Kira

Orangey (07/05/05)

Kira-Kira is glittering
The book is basically about Katie and her struggles with her sister, her parents, in school, and on being different from the rest of the kids in school. I identified with Katie on having a "perfect" older sister and always being compared to her. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because I think a little bit more could have been said about Gregg and Silly.
Sarah (06/29/05)

Amazing
Kira-Kira was an awesome book. I read it in one day because I was so into it that I couldn't put it down! Kira-kira reminded me so much of my sister and me when we were young. I love this book so much and I want everyone to read it.
Amber (06/06/05)

Great Book
This was a great book! My teacher read it to my class and we all loved it. It was also an emotional book. My teacher, and even some of my classmates cried. Cynthia Kadohata, you have terrific talent! I look foward to reading all of your other novels!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live

Y S M B, I'll S Y