MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Indigo's Star, plus links to write your own review.

by Hilary McKay

Sep 2004, 272 pages
    Jan 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Indigo's Star

Courtney B. (03/20/07)

Indy's star review
Wow that book is amazing. How could you not read it. It takes the first 20 pages or so but then you get into it. Dun Dun Dun! Read what are you waiting for. Also read other amazing books to keep your mind going.
Melanie (03/04/07)

Good book
I really really like this book. It kept me reading when I didn't want to. I am doing a book report on this book, and it is very interesting to do
Katie Roberts (12/09/06)

Heartwarming
I am only twelve years old but I know a good book when i see one. This book,to me, is about a boy who's life is topsy-turvy and is trying to find his place in a world full incompetent and ignorant people. The bullies in this book are the kind of bullies I face every day. The drawing Indigo's little sister Rose painted on the wall are a statement they are the desperate cries from the heart of a little girl.

I am glad Hillary Mckay has written this book.
emily (11/13/06)

indigos star
It was FAB, i loved all of it, and I would definitely read it again. it was interesting to read, and unexpectable...
Tori (02/28/06)

Indigo's Star
i loved this book. I could relate to this book. It makes you Keep the pages turing. All young teens should read this book
SARAH (02/20/06)

Indigo's Star
This book is brilliant and i can read it over and over again. A definite must read. Its more for children round my age (12) who would enjoy it its not really an adult book.
nina (11/14/05)

It was an okay book, it started boring and then got better, the end was good. It was very confusing
Becca (11/10/05)

Indigos star
i think this book is wonderful. The ending is what i don't like.

• Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...
  • Book Jacket: The Association of Small Bombs
    The Association of Small Bombs
    by Karan Mahajan
    The Association of Small Bombs is a fictional story that revolves around an actual 1996 car bombing ...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun