What readers think of Going Postal, plus links to write your own review.

Going Postal

Oct 2005, 400 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Going Postal

Cheryl

Another winner
There is no such thing as a bad book by Terry Pratchett. Every one is a laugh out loud adventure. Going Postal is no exception. I enjoy reading Mr. Pratchett's work tremendously and constantly keep an eye out for anything new. I have read everything from his children's books to his adult fiction and have loved every one. You'll love Moist and his adventures in the Postal Service!
Dion

Well I did it, went out and bought the book and oh my, I could not put it down. Filled with the expected Pratchett wry wit, he has become even more scathingly satirical of modern life is this latest installment of the Discworld series. Introducing many new characters but with some old friends making cameos and some old themes doing a bit mroe than that, Mr Pratchett tells an engagin tale of a likable rogue pitted against an unlikable rogue, and in doing so shows us many of the shades of grey inherent in any moral question.

He is also big on consequences and the realisation thereof in this story, plus what freedom actually means.

All in all one of his better books. Though funny it is not his funniest, but it may be one of the more insightful looks into the human hear the has thus produced, and he has proven himself very insightful in the past. I would recommend this book to anyone, not just fans, as at the very least it is thought provoking about what actually motivate speople to do the things they do.
Dion

Unlike some people *looks above* I am not so ignorant as to rate a book without actually reading it. So here is what I will do. Tomorrow I will cheerfully purchase this book in total confidence as pratchett has not yet written anything that was not an excellent read, and then I will post an actual review, rather than a shot in the dark without bothering to actually investigate.

Liz

I only read the excerpt and rated it poor. Maybe if read more it would not seem so weird.

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: Klara and the Sun
    Klara and the Sun
    by Kazuo Ishiguro
    Klara and the Sun by Nobel Prize-winning author Kazuo Ishiguro drops the reader into a fictional ...
  • Book Jacket: The Lost Apothecary
    The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner
    Sarah Penner's debut novel The Lost Apothecary was rated 4 or 5 stars by 22 of our 23 First ...
  • Book Jacket: The Spymaster of Baghdad
    The Spymaster of Baghdad
    by Margaret Coker
    For the last 17 years, the country of Iraq has known almost constant violence and political upheaval...
  • Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...

The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner

A forgotten history. A secret network of women. A legacy of poison and revenge. Welcome to The Lost Apothecary.

Smalltime
    by Russell Shorto

Family secrets emerge as a best-selling author dives into the history of the mob in small-town America.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis