Reader reviews and comments on An Unfinished Life, plus links to write your own review.

An Unfinished Life

Aug 2005, 272 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for An Unfinished Life

Brooke

I'm moving to Wyoming
My local library highlighted An Unfinished Life as an appropriate bookclub selection and I'm glad they brought it to my attention - I loved reading it. Mark Spragg draws a full and engaging picture of several lives intersecting with vivid emotional drama. I felt like I was right there beside them as they struggled to still their individual demons and find a good life. Wyoming's beautiful landscape and large sky was a perfect backdrop to this wonderful story. I could move there.
RobbieL

Where's Robert Duvall?
I just finished reading "An Unfinished Life" and loved it. The characters were real and it was easy to identify with their emotions and the situations. The little girl, Griff, was wise beyond her years with very few child-like traits. She seemed to have spent her life trying to adapt to difficult situations. As I read about Einar I could visualize this book as a movie with Robert Duvall as Einar. Since I don't keep up with movies I was surprised to see that the film is now playing in our local theaters. While I cannot envision Robert Redford and Jennifer Lopez in the starring roles, I plan to see the movie anyway. This author definitely has something going and I plan to read everything he has published. (But, in my opinion, Robert Duvall IS Einar.
Tara

Nice read
This was a nice read - not spectacular, just really nice. As I read it I felt as if I was part of this family. I enjoyed all of the characters, especially Griff, the young girl. I am very interested to see the movie version now.
C. Hutt

An Unfinished Life
The cover caught my eye. Being a Wyoming native antlers are a part of my life.

Once I started reading the book I could not put it down. So many of the situations are familliar to me...not just the story line but the "local way of Ishawoa life".

Not an exciting book but an easy comfortable read.

I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a family connection.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

Where the Light Enters
by Sara Donati

An enthralling epic about two trailblazing female doctors in 19th century New York.

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R