MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on An Unfinished Life, plus links to write your own review.

by Mark Spragg

Aug 2004, 272 pages
    Aug 2005, 272 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for An Unfinished Life

Brooke (03/29/07)

I'm moving to Wyoming
My local library highlighted An Unfinished Life as an appropriate bookclub selection and I'm glad they brought it to my attention - I loved reading it. Mark Spragg draws a full and engaging picture of several lives intersecting with vivid emotional drama. I felt like I was right there beside them as they struggled to still their individual demons and find a good life. Wyoming's beautiful landscape and large sky was a perfect backdrop to this wonderful story. I could move there.
Tara (10/21/05)

Nice read
This was a nice read - not spectacular, just really nice. As I read it I felt as if I was part of this family. I enjoyed all of the characters, especially Griff, the young girl. I am very interested to see the movie version now.
RobbieL (09/20/05)

Where's Robert Duvall?
I just finished reading "An Unfinished Life" and loved it. The characters were real and it was easy to identify with their emotions and the situations. The little girl, Griff, was wise beyond her years with very few child-like traits. She seemed to have spent her life trying to adapt to difficult situations. As I read about Einar I could visualize this book as a movie with Robert Duvall as Einar. Since I don't keep up with movies I was surprised to see that the film is now playing in our local theaters. While I cannot envision Robert Redford and Jennifer Lopez in the starring roles, I plan to see the movie anyway. This author definitely has something going and I plan to read everything he has published. (But, in my opinion, Robert Duvall IS Einar.
C. Hutt (07/25/05)

An Unfinished Life
The cover caught my eye. Being a Wyoming native antlers are a part of my life.

Once I started reading the book I could not put it down. So many of the situations are familliar to me...not just the story line but the "local way of Ishawoa life".

Not an exciting book but an easy comfortable read.

I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a family connection.

• Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun