Reader reviews and comments on An Unfinished Life, plus links to write your own review.

An Unfinished Life

by Mark Spragg

An Unfinished Life by Mark Spragg

Aug 2004, 272 pages
    Aug 2005, 272 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for An Unfinished Life

Brooke (03/29/07)

I'm moving to Wyoming
My local library highlighted An Unfinished Life as an appropriate bookclub selection and I'm glad they brought it to my attention - I loved reading it. Mark Spragg draws a full and engaging picture of several lives intersecting with vivid emotional drama. I felt like I was right there beside them as they struggled to still their individual demons and find a good life. Wyoming's beautiful landscape and large sky was a perfect backdrop to this wonderful story. I could move there.
Tara (10/21/05)

Nice read
This was a nice read - not spectacular, just really nice. As I read it I felt as if I was part of this family. I enjoyed all of the characters, especially Griff, the young girl. I am very interested to see the movie version now.
RobbieL (09/20/05)

Where's Robert Duvall?
I just finished reading "An Unfinished Life" and loved it. The characters were real and it was easy to identify with their emotions and the situations. The little girl, Griff, was wise beyond her years with very few child-like traits. She seemed to have spent her life trying to adapt to difficult situations. As I read about Einar I could visualize this book as a movie with Robert Duvall as Einar. Since I don't keep up with movies I was surprised to see that the film is now playing in our local theaters. While I cannot envision Robert Redford and Jennifer Lopez in the starring roles, I plan to see the movie anyway. This author definitely has something going and I plan to read everything he has published. (But, in my opinion, Robert Duvall IS Einar.
C. Hutt (07/25/05)

An Unfinished Life
The cover caught my eye. Being a Wyoming native antlers are a part of my life.

Once I started reading the book I could not put it down. So many of the situations are familliar to me...not just the story line but the "local way of Ishawoa life".

Not an exciting book but an easy comfortable read.

I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a family connection.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up

Y S M B, I'll S Y