What readers think of Eleven Minutes, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Eleven Minutes

Apr 2005, 304 pages

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Eleven Minutes

Athira A

Eleven MInutes
The book being all about how one gains the ultimate meaning of life through a series of rollercoaster of expectations and truth of life is really inspiring. Its more about dreams, desires and their realties. A must read for sure.
sameer

eleven minutes
One of the best book one can read in his adolescence , a typical Pavlo Coelho type book. And it has everything a young mind wants.
Becky

Captivating ~ Addictive
Enjoyed every word...every minute...it presents all sides & kinds of women: inexperienced # professional , weak # strong , sensitive # courageous , the insecure..educated..sexy - all in one woman! It's Captivating and Addictive.
Bridget Forde

Eleven Minutes
I read this book two years ago and re-read it occasionally even now. I loved that Paulo Coelho was able to give such an accurate account of a young woman's hopes and dreams and the book was a delight to read. The ending was weak and sentimental however and contrasted with the honesty of the story up until that point. All in all though I remain a big Paulo Coelho fan.
rinki

A+
I really liked this book. It made me see the other side of the coin. life is really very beautiful, everything has a meaning of its own. everything we do in this world is connected to some other thing. I love this author. thank you very much for writing this book.
Naomi

A most read book!
This book is a passionate exploration of the beauty of "making love". I read this book in just a few hours. I loved every moment. I have to say I fell in love with every word.

Soñe, no con una situacion ni con una persona, sino con un perfume, que lo inundaba todo.
kate

Enchantingly dangerous book
Most intoxicating novel about love, sex and desire I have read. Coelho will bring you deeper into the spiritual and shaking emotional aspect of sexual intercourse.

He discusses prostitution in the light most of us have not imagined...delving deeper into the harsh reality of society. A beautifully crafted prose replacing our common notions of sex as commercially performed and discreetly done in the light of love. It lets us feel and understand in another way the deep connection of pain, suffering and fear to love, sex and desire...the spirituality of sacred sex and addictive response to sado-masochism.

His work is dangerously intoxicating...and too good to be true. But why not? He may be right...on the other hand, he may also be wrong...
angeLbrat

amazingly awesome!
i have never read a book that excite me until eleven minutes. the synopsis was really captivating and the beginning was superb that i ended up reading the book in one day! i could'nt put it down.. i love it!!!

Paulo Coelho

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Women and Children First
    Women and Children First
    by Alina Grabowski
    After Lucy Anderson falls to her death at a high school party, no one in Nashquitten, her gloomy, ...
  • Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C