MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters, plus links to write your own review.

The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters

by Elisabeth Robinson

The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters by Elisabeth Robinson X
The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters by Elisabeth Robinson

Jan 2004, 336 pages
    Jan 2005, 352 pages

There are currently 13 reader reviews for The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters

Mandas

Spectacular
The first thing that attracted me to this book was the cover. I know you should never judge a book by the cover, but in this case it was a good choice. I loved that there was a young girl dancing around. Throughout the whole book I was in awe and I couldn't put the book down. I made this book my bus book which toward the end, made for a lovely display of tears. I must say that every second and page of the book was spilling with unique and witty writing. Each character was compelling and I felt that I was a part of their lives. I would read any other book by her in a heart beat!
TJeffers

The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters
I'm lucky that when I passed a sale on books that I choose an author I knew nothing about! I couldn't put the book down! With a title that said it's about sisters is what drew me to it, since I have sisters. Her outlook and take on life, love, relationships, & career will lift anyone up! I loved her wit! I could really relate! Her knowledge of the subject matter is what made the story play out like a movie in my mind. I can't wait to read another novel or see a screenplay written by her!
Taylro

A VERY GOOD REVIEW FOR A GOOD BOOK!!
This book is so interesting. I just can't seem to put it down. You would think that it would be confusing with it written in letters but I know exactly what's going on and I love this book. Read it if you haven't already!
Sal

Highly Recommended
A tough, tender and also very funny book which I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend unhesitatingly to all my friends. The use of letters to tell the story enhanced the book in my view because one is able to interact, by filling in the gaps between the letters and also because it is a pleasure to read honest, open, and articulate letters in an age of truncated words and peculiar spelling. I enjoyed the insight into a film producer's world too.
Lauren

I read this book and then passed it on to my mom. Very enjoyable.
Amy

Listened to this as a book on tape. Very enjoyable and well worth reading or listening to. I would highly recommend it.
Julie1800

I raced through the audio book. Highly recommended!
Olivia Fillone

Moving in its real-ness
Olivia's story as told touched the core of what really matters when times get rough - love and family. She proved that when one allows compassion to win even in the most complex of relationships, then most else will be bearable. Ms. Robinson shared the story in a most creative way and in a form that is lost in the electronic age - letters on paper. It was personal enough to allow real feelings to jump from the pages. I can imagine how she enriched the lives of those who read this book and felt one with her message.

• Book Jacket: The Black Cathedral
    The Black Cathedral
    by Marcial Gala
    Marcial Gala's The Black Cathedral, translated from the Spanish by Anna Kushner, is narrated through...
  • Book Jacket: When We Were Vikings
    When We Were Vikings
    by Andrew David MacDonald
    In When We Were Vikings by Andrew David MacDonald, readers are first introduced to Zelda on her ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Build a Heart
    How to Build a Heart
    by Maria Padian
    Maria Padian is well-known for her motif of exploring teen reactions to social issues. Her novel ...
  • Book Jacket: Follow Me to Ground
    by Sue Rainsford
    Ada and her father are human-like beings who age slowly and possess the power to heal all illness. ...

Red Letter Days
    by Sarah-Jane Stratford

A striking novel about two daring women who escape McCarthy-era Hollywood for London.

The Sun Down Motel
    by Simone St. James

The chilling new novel from the national bestselling and award-winning author of The Broken Girls.

American Dirt
by Jeanine Cummins

"American Dirt is a Grapes of Wrath for our times."
—Don Winslow

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I