What readers think of The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters, plus links to write your own review.

The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters

by Elisabeth Robinson

The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters by Elisabeth Robinson X
The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters by Elisabeth Robinson

Jan 2004, 336 pages
    Jan 2005, 352 pages

There are currently 13 reader reviews for The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters

Joy

It's a great book
adrianna

journal
This book is not typical which sets it apart from other book you may read. I'm more than half way through it and so far i am not enjoying it. some parts however, i do. Maddie is a cheerful character always looking to the bright side, and i agree Olivia is shallow, and self-centered, and needs to seek counsel.
Jess

Well.
It really was a different style from most novels.. It wasn't exactly the type of book that I wasn't able to put down, because the letters really didn't draw me into the plot that much. The ending was really predictable, but I still think it was very brave of the author to use her own life experiences as well as this type of format in writing this book. But, I am a sucker for those type of endings and I felt I could somewhat relate to Olivia, which is why for me, it was 3/5. I still haven't suggested that any of my friends read it because the only part that I truly enjoyed was the ending and I think that in order to be a great book, it has to be great the WHOLE way through.
Lisa

I'm not a big fan of the episolary format (does anyone actually write letters like these? Actually, does anyone write letters anymore???). I agree with one reviewer who said he/she felt "manipulated." I thought certain parts, especially the ending, were quite contrived. I was very interested in reading this book after reading the synopsis, but it really promises more than it delivers.
Cricket

I was very excited to read this book, hoping for an emotional and uplifting novel. However, I found Olivia, the main character, to be self-centered, self-righteous and honestly very shallow in her feelings for her dying sister. The emotion was just not there. I didn't shed a tear the entire read. The format in which it was written, constant letters to this person or that, was boring and confusing. It would have been nice to get another voice involved, without Olivia's writing it herself. Better luck next time!

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: My Monticello
    My Monticello
    by Jocelyn Nicole Johnson
    In the incendiary opening story of My Monticello, Jocelyn Nicole Johnson's debut collection, a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wrong End of the Telescope
    The Wrong End of the Telescope
    by Rabih Alameddine
    Rabih Alameddine's The Wrong End of the Telescope follows Mina, a Lebanese American doctor who ...
  • Book Jacket: Lightning Strike
    Lightning Strike
    by William Kent Krueger
    It is the summer of 1963 in Tamarack County, Minnesota. Just outside the small town of Aurora, ...
  • Book Jacket: Skinship
    Skinship
    by Yoon Choi
    The fine thing about short stories in general is their way of following characters through ...

Migrations
by Charlotte McConaghy
A breathtaking page-turner and an ode to our threatened world.

Flesh & Blood
    by N. West Moss

This beautifully written memoir offers insight, understanding, and joy.

Win This Book!
Win Sisters of the Great War

Sisters of the Great War by Suzanne Feldman

A powerful novel of two unconventional American sisters who volunteer at the front during World War I.

Y A B Up T W T