Reader reviews and comments on Lord John and The Private Matter, plus links to write your own review.

Lord John and The Private Matter

by Diana Gabaldon

Lord John and The Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon

Sep 2003, 320 pages
    Oct 2004, 368 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Lord John and The Private Matter

Catherine (10/23/07)

Very disappointing
I have loved the Outlander series and was looking forward to the Lord John series. I have nearly finished the 2nd and I must say Ms. Gabaldon was either bored, misguided, or under pressure from her publisher for more material. I am not in any way homophobic, but I find the constant rhetoric of "love" in these tomes extremely tiresome. These two books are giveaways for me. Please give us more Claire and Jamie. That is was she is good at. The old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", definitely applies here. Very irritating reads.
Sharon Haas (11/21/03)

As a big fan of Gabaldons Outland series I was prepared to like this book, that features a minor character from the the series, before I read it.
I wasn't disapointed!
The story is a great deal of fun on top of a great mystery with a liberal dose of unique historical trivia thrown in.
You will laugh out loud a couple of pages into the book when the meaning of the title hits you!

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Choose an author as you would a friend.

O My D B