MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Buried In Burrywood, plus links to write your own review.

Buried In Burrywood

by Lana Waite

Buried In Burrywood

• Paperback:
    Oct 2002, 233 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Buried In Burrywood

Dori Folsom (08/14/03)

This book was fun. I could (and still can) picture every character in my mind and I would love to visit that delightful small town. I never guessed "who dun it". Write another one quick.
Dwight Isbell (07/22/03)

Now waiting for the next Lana Waite book, I spend time searching for Burrywood and the people who call it home. I find myself looking for it on maps here in the Puget Sound Area. It must be here somewhere.
Written in first person, the story gains immediacy that puts the reader at the heroine’s side throughout. It is an enjoyable and intriguing style. All who chalk up this read will fall into the queue behind me.
My home is in Sequim, and I expect to run into Zeke any day.
Kathy Jordan (07/21/03)

Buried in Burrywood is a delightful read. You really develop an understanding of the characters and gain a feeling for small town life. I found myself becoming attached to certain characters and really disliking others. The plot twists and turns, leaving no obvious clues about “whodunit” until the very end. This book meets my criteria for a good read by being an easy read. Yet completely captivating. I couldn’t put it down.
Anne Louden, librarian (07/20/03)

A genuine cliff hanger with great characters you will be anxious to meet, set in a locale that is ripe for adventure.
W & AC Joy (07/19/03)

If you enjoy an intriguing mystery.... Buried in Burrywood fills the bill! It holds your suspense and you won't put it down until this small town mystery is solved.
Ede Pacaldo (07/18/03)

Buried in Burrywood was a fun and exiting murder mystery. The author did a great job of introducing the characters without boring you with too many details about them. I could not put the book down once I started reading it. It was full of twists all the way to the end. I can't wait for the next book!
Carol Baker (07/17/03)

Be sure to get plenty of sleep before reading this book, it's one of those "couldn't put it down" books. The characters are well developed and interesting. I'm looking forward to meeting them again in the next "Burrywood" book.
Lana Waite (07/17/03)

Writing BURIED IN BURRYWOOD was great fun. Who would have thought that a small made-up town could produce so many remarkable characters. I didn't know them when I started. They're my best friends now. What did you think of them?

• Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

I I A Sign O T T