What readers think of A Short History of Nearly Everything, plus links to write your own review.

A Short History of Nearly Everything

Sep 2004, 560 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for A Short History of Nearly Everything

Megalodon

Science over easy
I love Bill Bryson's books. This one was a surprise. Most of his books are travel/memoir type, with astute observations and great humor.

This book though starts out with he admitting he knows little of science. I sure thought I did. But he goes for big numbers and the people who made the breakthroughs while making science delightfully accessible for everyone.
Macca

I wish had read this book before I did my science degree....it would have saved three years of my life. Bryson's book has reinvigorated my youthful curiosity for knowledge. 'It's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.'
Peter Kirby

A terrific read, Bryson cleverly blends science and wit.
Tara Winter

A interesting look at the scientific take on life
Steve Pearce

Bryson's sheer readability turns some of the most complex ideas imaginable into a wonderfully entertaining book, packed full of humour and fascinating detail. A quite incredible achievement, particularly when one considers he was travelling at 600 miles per hour while writing it!
Tony Taylor Retired Engineer

It fills in the education gap some of which I should have been taught at school!
Jack Beadle

I only read a short bit though at the moment it seems to be a very enjoyable book and i look forward to reading more.
Luke

Amazing

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

Fire Season
    by Philip Connors
    Fire Season is an anatomy of solitude, a paean to a wild American landscape, a history of wildfires ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...
  • Book Jacket: All the Lonely People
    All the Lonely People
    by Mike Gayle
    Mike Gayle's charming novel All the Lonely People introduces us to Hubert Bird, an 82-year-old ...

The Ways We Hide