Reader reviews and comments on A Short History of Nearly Everything, plus links to write your own review.

A Short History of Nearly Everything

by Bill Bryson

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson

May 2003, 560 pages
    Sep 2004, 560 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for A Short History of Nearly Everything

lib (08/21/07)

horrible
although this book may be very informative, it is the most boring thing that i have ever sat down and tried to read. This book is so long and very hard to get through. unless someone has nothing better to do i would not recomend it to anyone.
Macca (02/03/05)

I wish had read this book before I did my science degree....it would have saved three years of my life. Bryson's book has reinvigorated my youthful curiosity for knowledge. 'It's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.'
Peter Kirby (12/27/04)

A terrific read, Bryson cleverly blends science and wit.
Tara Winter (12/24/04)

A interesting look at the scientific take on life
Steve Pearce (10/29/04)

Bryson's sheer readability turns some of the most complex ideas imaginable into a wonderfully entertaining book, packed full of humour and fascinating detail. A quite incredible achievement, particularly when one considers he was travelling at 600 miles per hour while writing it!
Tony Taylor Retired Engineer (10/03/04)

It fills in the education gap some of which I should have been taught at school!
Jack Beadle (09/21/04)

I only read a short bit though at the moment it seems to be a very enjoyable book and i look forward to reading more.
Luke (09/14/04)

Amazing

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

A million monkeys...