Reader reviews and comments on The Winter Queen, plus links to write your own review.

The Winter Queen

by Boris Akunin

The Winter Queen by Boris Akunin X
The Winter Queen by Boris Akunin

May 2003, 256 pages
    Mar 2004, 264 pages

There are currently 13 reader reviews for The Winter Queen

Vlad (10/13/03)

Excellent book from start to finish. Very interesting and by the end you can't wait for the other books to come out. I started reading about 2 months ago and I finished all 9 of them. The last one is the lover of death but Akunin will write the 10th book shortly called the Diamond Chariot or at least thats what it will be called in Russian. By the way the first novel Winterqueen that i am writing the review about is called Azazel in Russia. Anyway marvelous book and in the end you will not be able to keep your book dry.
Marta (08/28/03)

I am writing from Barcelona. I have already read four Fandorin's stories (two in Catalan and two in Spanish). They are great! I usually read books in Catalan but I can't wait for the translations to be done! Translations into Spanish appear earlier. I enjoy reading that Fandorin has a lot of admirers in America.
Katsyd (08/28/03)

The best!!!!!!!!!! Boris is the number 1 selling author in Russia. There are a total of about 9 Erast Fandorin novels, I hope that all of them will be translated in English.
Anonymous (07/01/03)

A very interesting new author to read and watch. Boris has sold over 19 million books in Russia. A Winter Queen is a period piece. I'd call it Victorian. It mixes romance and exceptional character development with an interesting story. Fun read. Great summer beach read-- it'll keep you cool on the beach.
Art (06/07/03)

To all those waiting for the new Agatha Christie or Arthur Conan Doyle -- the wait is over. This is a must-read for the lovers of high-quality mystery novels. The storyline is suspenseful and emotional, the setting is charming, the language is delightful. You will not be able to put it down. Honestly.

• Book Jacket: Future Home of the Living God
  • Book Jacket: Never Coming Back
    Never Coming Back
    by Alison McGhee

If the Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

A book may be compared to your neighbor; if it be good, it cannot last too long; if bad, you cannot get rid of it...

E Dog H I D