What readers think of The Da Vinci Code, plus links to write your own review.

The Da Vinci Code

Mar 2006, 496 pages

There are currently 163 reader reviews for The Da Vinci Code

Juan

Enlightening
I was a 11-year-old boy when I first read this book. Dad would not explain how in the world I could not get out of it. With all its complexity and turns along smart adventure/fiction redaction, I experienced a revelation of truth: history holds all the answers of humanity. The author’s brilliance will get you hooked from the beginning and it only gets better and better. Nothing to compare with the film (lame). By far one of the best books I have read.
Patricia Huggins

Da Vinic Code
I like it very much, and I got the other books by Dan Brown
cryptic moon

nothing to say!!
woow!! What a book is this? I've never read a book like this before. But sometime I lost the coincidence. In every chapter Mr. Brown creates new things which I like the most. But the thing was that, being a high school student, at first I didn't get it exactly. But, when I got through this book by Wikipedia I got it properly and wanna give thanks !! This is it....wanna get new books from Mr Brown. Ohh!! One thing, as a high school student I am not good at English, if I have made any mistakes please forgive me.
Chris C.

A Good Book
I think this book is very well written in many ways. I think that the character development is well put together and the characters fit well with the plot. I found this book very interesting and enjoyed all of the twists and turns. It is a very well thought out and adventurous piece of literature. It is a fast paced novel that ties in many facts with fiction. Overall, I think it was it was an excellent, interesting piece of work that could be enjoyed by all.
Ashlyn R

what a book!
This "on my toes" mystery was jammed packed with action from the very first pages. "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown was fast moving and kept me thinking the entire time. I did not want to put it down. I LOVED IT!
Nickk

The Da Vinci Code
This book is great and if you are upset about "anti-religious" elements in the book, remember it's just fiction.
webster

fissure-squeezing
i must admit that i've read the book because it is very intriguing. but no regrets at all... i know, many people would definitely not give this book a perfect rating because as they judge it, their faith comes in meddling with the verdict to be made. the book is really extraordinary. well, as all of the books in our market is, it is just composed of a story and ideas of the writer. i must say that dan brown has no intentions of fooling us or persuade us not to believe anymore in our faith. for me, facts are facts, fictions are fictions.we can never argue anymore with history if we are somehow affected by the annotations in the novel. i, like many of us, was born catholic but respects other faith. i do believe that there is a supreme being over us. and thank's to him... well, i must concede that the book is right in one of its lines: our faith(on everything at that) today is just a product of fabrications in our history... while living, what we must do possess is learn how to respect, appreciate and judge unfavorably. i understand others who hate this book, but, please open your eyes... we're not living in the barbaric era, we are in the modern world... i mean, conform with the reality visible today! just believe on what you believe is right... and everything will turn out fine...
Allan

Genius
I would just like to say that this book was awesome. All the details Mr. Brown has put in leaves me in amazement. I don't know why people critisize this book becuase it says all these things about the church etc. Whats wrong with that. This is a book non-fiction book not a information booklet.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Code Breaker
    The Code Breaker
    by Walter Isaacson
    What makes humans human? It's a mystery that has inspired philosophers and driven scientific ...
  • Book Jacket: Genesis
    Genesis
    by Guido Tonelli
    Popular science books represent an important niche in non-fiction. They build a bridge between ...
  • Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...
  • Book Jacket: Firekeeper's Daughter
    Firekeeper's Daughter
    by Angeline Boulley
    Angeline Boulley's young adult novel Firekeeper's Daughter follows 18-year-old Daunis — ...

Ariadne
by Jennifer Saint
A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A library is thought in cold storage

A S I T closet