Reader reviews and comments on The King of Torts, plus links to write your own review.

The King of Torts

by John Grisham

The King of Torts by John Grisham X
The King of Torts by John Grisham

Feb 2003, 384 pages
    Dec 2003, 480 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The King of Torts

Drob

Im 15 and I, once again, loved the newest novel by Grisham. Keep up the good work John.
AshLee S.

I loved this book! I not only enjoyed the easy read, but I also learned a lot about mass tort cases! Grisham does what all writers should do; entertain and teach.
josh

first book I have read in a long time. Finished it less than a week. Very good read. Very interesting characters and suspenseful as I couldn't wait to see when and what was going to happen. I'm going out to get "The Summons" tomorrow.

Thought on King of Torts
To me, this book was very interesting at the beginning. The action, the drama and the descriptiosn were very entertaining.

The middle of the book was the best part with all the suing and stuff, but as it got towards the end, it got out of hand.

Although this book was one of the best law-related books i've read, the ending was really rushed up in a way and wasn't the best of what Grisham is capable of.
Paulette Sioson

I finally finished the book (after 48 years!). It was well written. The characters are entirely believable ... so is the story. Yey for the ending.
Lynne'

I really, really enjoyed this book. This was the first book that I have read of Grisham and trust me...it will not be the last. It gave all of the suspense that a thriller "tastefully" should have. It kept me on my toes and when I put it down, I thoutht about it constantly. I thought I would lose my job because I was reading instead of working. I rank Grisham in the category I rank John Sandford ...TOP SHELF, SUPERB!!!!!!

A Tort King

The way the book starts out is very interesting. But as you read and get to the middle of the book, it gets boring. You can't just close the book because you want to know what happens next, and you don't feel like reading it either. At the end you get completely tired of the book.
But I still think that it is a great book. That is because, I felt that I learned something out of it. Before I read this book, I really had no idea what "tort" was. Now, after completing this book, I have a clear idea on how tort laws work. Grisham did a good job of convincing me that America does infact need reform bills for tort laws.
Maybe the book wouldn't have been that boring if it was not assigned and I didn't have to complete it within a certain time span!
My age: 18
Niloofar

Loved the book, could not put it down. Would have liked to see a better (different) ending.

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Book Collectors
    The Book Collectors
    by Delphine Minoui
    About halfway through The Book Collectors, I was disappointed. I came into the book with a ...
  • Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Sun
    Black Sun
    by Rebecca Roanhorse
    Reading the first book in a series is always difficult because readers know that, by definition, it ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O