Reader reviews and comments on Life of Pi, plus links to write your own review.

Life of Pi

by Yann Martel

Life of Pi by Yann Martel

May 2002, 336 pages
    May 2003, 336 pages

There are currently 81 reader reviews for Life of Pi

lewis (11/05/07)

life of pi
Absolutely amazing book. One of my all time favourites. I agree with it being the one of the best books in decades. yes, well maybe the start is a bit slow to get going and make sense of, from them on it is hard to put down. And yes Ii was sad when I came to the last page (I wanted it to never end). However. contrary to some posts I have just read regarding Pi's daily diary entires, I found these to be exciting, making you wonder what is going to happen to him. All in all a great book, thoroughly recommended.
Ashley (06/16/07)

Inspiring!!!
I just finished the book no more than 20 minutes ago so I wanted to hear other rewiews. I love this book, my mind was always on it and I could not put it down. I love how Pi lives his life, it was so inspiring to me. I also love the twist at the ending, I wasn't expecting it. I too, like the animal story better!!
Bryan (01/10/07)

Excellent Life
Life of Pi was an incredible, thought provoking and wonderful book. The twist at the end was remarkable and completely changes the perspective the reader has of the book. Upon a second reading, the journey could be a complete different one after learning the twist. Excellent book.
AshNicole (12/13/05)

Life of Pi
I think this book is absolutely amazing! The way Piscine Molitor Patel teaches you to believe in yourslef as well as God to survive struck me. It taught me not to fear and that everything would be alright!! I would recommend this book to ANYONE without a doubt!
Amber D (02/17/05)

Davina - BookBrowse

WARNING!

In general we aim to remove plot spoilers from visitor's reviews, but in the case of Life of Pi this is proving impossible to do without deleting most of the reviews in their entirety. Therefore, if you have not yet read this book, I suggest you do not read these reviews. However, if you have read the book and are looking to share your opinions and read other people's views please read on!
Kt (02/17/05)

I am only 12, yet I loved this book! It is full of fact combined with with fiction which makes it an interesting novel. Everyone I know has really enjoyed it! Don't be put off by the slow introduction, it really gets going into a powerful and emotional fest! I would definitly reccomend it and if you don't like it, re-consider, read it again, one way or another you will enjoy it!
ug8 (01/26/05)

i am 16. i would like to contradict anyone who appears to think Life of Pi is a simple children's story. While on the surface the book may seem to be as such, the book is actually a much deeper book with tonnes of metaphors, symbolism and philosophy. A more mature reader would be able to understand the hidden layers of meaning in the story and truly enjoy the story as a whole.
Anonymous (12/27/04)

I found Life of Pi to be a thoughtful and humourous novel, but it just didn't strike me as being particularly interesting or exciting, elements I usually find worthy in a good read. However, I liked the way it explored the meaning of life, survival and faith in religion, but overall, it is not something I would recommend.

• Book Jacket: New People