Reader reviews and comments on Life of Pi, plus links to write your own review.

Life of Pi

by Yann Martel

Life of Pi by Yann Martel X
Life of Pi by Yann Martel

May 2002, 336 pages
    May 2003, 336 pages

There are currently 81 reader reviews for Life of Pi

Jay Ess (06/23/03)

One of the few books I've read recently which did not disappoint in the least. I have read it cover to cover twice and plan to read it yet again. Beautiful writing, incredible humor. The story exists on so many levels that one reading does not do it justice.
Chuck (06/08/03)

Insightful, yet mysterious. This novel is like the finest chedder. $9.00 for 300 grams of pure entertainment.
Anil (06/07/03)

Fantastic. Many years from now people will speak of this book as we now speak about David Copperfield or Count of Monte Cristo or A Tale of two Cities.
Kristeena (05/26/03)

I have read both Martel's novels, Life of Pi and Self. I found them extremely graphical and interesting. At no time was I bored. His books expressed my emotions, from happy, to angry, to depressed. His words made me feel what the character was feeling, and that I believe, is what a true novel should be like. Yann's now become my favourite author, and everyone should experience his way of writing.
Joel (05/21/03)

Being a mathematician with a nose for good literature, this book intrigued me from the time I first heard about it. On hearing that this book was after the style of Italo Calvino, I knew that I had to read it. I was certainly not disappointed - the influence of the magic realist movement is not difficult to see, and the tale is both beautiful and thought provoking.
Amy (03/12/03)

My book club met last night and "Life of Pi" kept us talking for hours. The reading guide was great!!!!!!! I would definitely recommend this book to all of my family and friends.
bitter plum (02/27/03)

yann martel has to be one of the greatest authors alive. he brings the characters to life and makes you feel as if you are pi on that boat with the carnivourous tiger. the end was the truly amazing part
Leo (02/16/03)

In this inspired novel Yann Martel blends story and craft with a mastery that leaves readers glowing in the ineffable consciousness only genuine art can induce.

• Book Jacket: Women & Power