MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Carnivorous Carnival, plus links to write your own review.

The Carnivorous Carnival

Book the Ninth (A Series of Unfortunate Events)

by Lemony Snicket, Brett Helquist

The Carnivorous Carnival

Oct 2002, 304 pages
    Jan 2003, 286 pages

There are currently 29 reader reviews for The Carnivorous Carnival

johann piper (01/29/03)

i know to be honest when i rate books, so i was with this one. the book was interesting at times, but it got quite dumb. i did not like the ending. TO SAD!!!
sean (01/29/03)

i thought that this book was great! it is the best of the series yet! i love the part when...well u"ll just have to read it yourself. enjoy it, i know you will. i liked because it was funny, but at the same time it was sad and very interesting. unlike some funny books, it had a plot. so it kept me coming back for more.
angelena (12/28/02)

its cool!! it is one of the best series of the unfortunate events books i have ever read!!! really think every one should read it
Samantha Jin (11/17/02)

The Carnivorous Carnival was my favorite book so far out of all the books. It was very well written, so much it had a clear picture in my mind of what the stting looked like. I enjoyed this book very much and i hope you enjoy it too.
Evan Woods (11/10/02)

What can one say about the newest installment o f"A Series of Unfortunate Events"? The few days beofre it came out I was jmping off the walls, in anticipation...

And, I think it was really wirth it. Lemony Snicket uses his large words in a funnier way then ever before, this is perhaps my favorite book in the series. I throughly recomend this book to people, as long as they can read, and understand the plot line... a WONDERFUL BOOK...

• Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...
  • Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun