What readers think of High and Mighty, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Sep 2002, 464 pages

Jan 2004, 512 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for High and Mighty

Sebastian McGarigle

It took a lot of guts to write this book, especially in the climate we live in today! Thank You Keith for telling the truth that nobody wants to hear. Maybe, just maybe, somebody will hear and you will have saved a few lives. But I'm afraid it will be years before this sinks in and people realize the danger we're all facing because of this SUV madness. This of course is not to mention all the other problems SUV's cause for us all.
Kelly

This is a MUST for anyone that is considering an SUV/already owns an SUV/ or is sharing the road with them (basically every driver). The author is well-researched and the book is a page-turner. I bought this book because I already loathed SUVs for their gas-guzzling-this book awakened me to existing dangers that I had no idea about. SUV owners might be uncomfortable reading this book, but the reason why is explained in "Reptile Dreams." HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!
L Berry

This is an incredible read which captivates you from the very start. The discussion is somwhat shocking at first, and almost unbelievable to a novice vehicle enthusiast, but as the author lays out his facts and sources, it is apparent how truly serious this SUV epidemic has become. THis is a must read for anyone contemplating buying an SUV or people unhappy with their past purchases of these hulking machines, and want some good reasons why to trade it in. I loved the book and the humor injected at appropriate moments. THis book is actually quite humorous while dealing with a sobering topic. I highly recommend it!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...
  • Book Jacket: Long After We Are Gone
    Long After We Are Gone
    by Terah Shelton Harris
    Terah Shelton Harris's marvelous family drama Long After We Are Gone begins with the death of the ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C