Reader reviews and comments on High and Mighty, plus links to write your own review.

High and Mighty

Sep 2002, 464 pages
    Jan 2004, 512 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for High and Mighty

Sebastian McGarigle

It took a lot of guts to write this book, especially in the climate we live in today! Thank You Keith for telling the truth that nobody wants to hear. Maybe, just maybe, somebody will hear and you will have saved a few lives. But I'm afraid it will be years before this sinks in and people realize the danger we're all facing because of this SUV madness. This of course is not to mention all the other problems SUV's cause for us all.
Kelly

This is a MUST for anyone that is considering an SUV/already owns an SUV/ or is sharing the road with them (basically every driver). The author is well-researched and the book is a page-turner. I bought this book because I already loathed SUVs for their gas-guzzling-this book awakened me to existing dangers that I had no idea about. SUV owners might be uncomfortable reading this book, but the reason why is explained in "Reptile Dreams." HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!
L Berry

This is an incredible read which captivates you from the very start. The discussion is somwhat shocking at first, and almost unbelievable to a novice vehicle enthusiast, but as the author lays out his facts and sources, it is apparent how truly serious this SUV epidemic has become. THis is a must read for anyone contemplating buying an SUV or people unhappy with their past purchases of these hulking machines, and want some good reasons why to trade it in. I loved the book and the humor injected at appropriate moments. THis book is actually quite humorous while dealing with a sobering topic. I highly recommend it!

• Book Jacket: Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
    Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
    by Olga Tokarczuk
    A subversive feminist noir mystery set in a remote Polish village, Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of...
  • Book Jacket: The World Doesn't Require You
    The World Doesn't Require You
    by Rion Amilcar Scott
    You can't move for young authors being marketed as "unique," "bold" and "visionary" these days. So ...
  • Book Jacket: The Long Call
    The Long Call
    by Ann Cleeves
    Penning a great murder mystery seems like it would be particularly challenging. The story often fits...
  • Book Jacket: The Liar
    The Liar
    by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
    The Liar is a book that will make its readers uncomfortable by design; set in modern-day Israel, it ...

The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste

"A brilliant novel, lyrically lifting history towards myth. It's also compulsively readable."
    —Salman Rushdie

Motherhood So White
    by Nefertiti Austin

A heartwarming memoir of motherhood and adoption told through an African American lens.

Win The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S