Reader reviews and comments on Rain Fall, plus links to write your own review.

by Barry Eisler

Rain Fall by Barry Eisler X
Rain Fall by Barry Eisler

Jul 2002, 336 pages
    Jul 2003, 336 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Rain Fall

MRT

Rain Fall
In my opinion it's a great book, I really enjoyed reading it. Rain Fall is an exciting thriller which introduces the everyday life of an assassin. It comes out that John Rain isn't just a gold-blooded murderer, he also has feelings and I think that this adds even more excitement to the story. It's also a good description of the Japanese society and culture.
TracyReaderDad

Rain Fall
John Rain is a complex character; I am still not sure if he is a good guy (how can a cold blooded, for money, killer be good?) or a really bad guy? He saves people he likes, but, he kills others without second thought (one though who truly deserves it). Will he continue killing for money, or will he kill for other reasons? Does it matter? Will he stop killing? Will he find true love? Does that matter?

I do know one thing…I AM looking forward to the next adventure and learning more about John Rain, Japan, Tokyo, and the Japanese culture (at the back of the book there is an explanation that all but two of the facts about Tokyo are correct).

Barry Eisler has definitely been added to my “favorites” list. “Rain Fall” is a great book.
Noel Sequeira

The story moves along at a quick pace. Just enough said about the Japanese environment without making it a tedious read. Rain's rough-and-ready treatment of the bad guys (some might say 'brutal') is satisfyingly adequate. The romance thread runs through the book without being pervasive.

I obviously liked the book!
Anonymous

by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter Sisters
    Winter Sisters
    by Robin Oliveira
    Winter Sisters begins with an epic blizzard (see Beyond the Book) hitting the entire Northeast of ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes