Reader reviews and comments on Gone For Good, plus links to write your own review.

Gone For Good

Mar 2003, 352 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Gone For Good

Connie

Gone for Good
Loved it , loved it , loved it.
Its the first of Coben's that I have read. (for a library book discussion group) Lots of twists and turns, good characters, evil characters, great ending. Loved the epilogue. I saw on a few web sites that some readers did not understand the epilogue. I did, and would share with anyone who wanted to discuss. Coben is now on my list of favorite authors and I plan on reading all of his books.
Power Reviewer PDXReader

Fun, exciting read
This is the second Harlan Coben novel I've read, but it certainly won’t be the last. I'm finding that he is fast becoming one of my favorite "light" authors. This book, in particular, was intriguing and fast-paced with many unexpected plot twists that kept me amply entertained. It kept me reading late into the night. It’s definitely one I’ll recommend to my reading friends as a terrific book to consider when choosing a novel solely for its entertainment value.
Diana Utu

This book has so many twists that your head doesn't know where to turn! Its so incredible. It gave so much descriptive details, that it felt like you were part of the story!
Chris

I truly enjoyed this book, by one of my favorite authors, because when you think you understand Mr. Coben puts in a twist that not even the most intellectual reader could have guessed. The quality that I most enjoyed about the book was the extreme depth of each and every character especially the "villan." No one can dwell into the complexity of human beings as well as Harlan Coben.
Harriet

This book was an excellent choice for our book club. It was suspenseful, exciting, and brought you into the book as if you were watching a movie! Great writing and will leave us chatting for hours!
robert

This book keeps you glued to the pages until the very last word. Another great book by a great writer who only gets better with each book.
chris

Great for what it is
This book is a perfect cure for boredom. It is fast, thrilling, easy to read and twists and turns like a snake on a hot plate. Don't complain about tenuous character writing and the copious plot twists, because your missing the point. This book is about sheer entertainment value, not for critics to mull over the different interpretations of his semantics or hidden meanings. Its got love murder, torture, family, fraternity, cops, mafia, comedy and excitement. This book ticks all the boxes it is intended to tick. It's not a fine red wine but a shot of vodka, quick and edgy. Would recommend to anyone seeking a fun read.
Colby

Gone for Good? What a joke.
This book, for lack of a better word... sucked. The "plot twists" are untimely, unexplainable, nothing makes sense. It reads like the imagination of an 11-year old just making stuff up. Terrible book and I'm pretty sure terrible writer. If you ever see me with another Coben book in my hand there had damn well better be an open fire somewhere close so that I may throw the book into the fire as to destroy it and so that no other person on my account will have wasted six hours of their time reading such a crappy story.

• Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund