Reading Guide Questions
Please be aware that this discussion guide may contain spoilers!
Many book clubs have written Lisa asking for questions to guide their discussion, so Lisa came up with a bunch for each book. Her goal in writing books is to entertain, so it goes without saying that Lisa wants you to have lots of fun discussing her books, and has reflected that in her questions. She provides the talking points, and you and your group shape the conversation. So go ahead, get together, chat it up with your friends, discuss books, kids, and relationships, but by all means, have fun.
- Is there a Moment of Truth in this book or is this just another stupid title because Lisa can't do titles?
- Is Mary a better lawyer now than in Everywhere?
- Do you believe Jack Newlin's confession? Why do the police? Is it realistic?
- Why does Mary fall for Jack? Hint: She has a pulse.
- Is Bennie right to try to check Mary or is she just a big killjoy?
- Are child models weird or do they get a bum rap?
- This book has a lot of police procedure in it, all meticulously researched ( I might add). Love it or leave it? Is it too much already?
- Does Brinkley's ethnicity have anything to do with his characterization, or his fictional life? Could he just as easily be Caucasian?
- Isn't it scary being the parent of a teenager? Does Dr. Phil really have all the answers?
Unless otherwise stated, this discussion guide is reprinted with the permission of HarperTorch.
Any page references refer to a USA edition of the book, usually the trade paperback version, and may vary in other editions.