We are proud to announce that BookBrowse has won Platinum in the 2024 Modern Library Awards.

What readers think of Miracle At St. Anna, plus links to write your own review.

Miracle At St. Anna

by James McBride

Miracle At St. Anna by James McBride X
Miracle At St. Anna by James McBride

Feb 2002, 228 pages

Jan 2003, 304 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Miracle At St. Anna

what an amazing, gripping work. everyone should read. each character is so detailed and skillfully drawn. Ther's just enough visual description, without detracting from the story or slowing it. I'm looking forward to McBrides next book.
vivian jones

simply superb!
Julia Calenda

James Mc Bride's, Miracle at St Anna is so compelling and moving it is hard to know if you should be marvelling at his emotive words or weeping at the empathy and raw emotion that jumps from each and every page.

To begin this book, is to begin a journey a journey of sole searching and truth, a journey of faith and trust.

The novel transports the reader to a time incomprehensible, to a time where faith and trust teetered on the edge but survived never the less.

kony

Jams McBride knew his mother was different. But he asked about it, she'd simply say, 'I'm light-skinned. Later he wondere if he was different, too , and asked his mother if he was black or white. "knon of you'r besnes ".
The color of water is a wonder ful book that will touch the reader . The book shows tha color and race aren't what really matter in a person.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Wild and Distant Seas
    Wild and Distant Seas
    by Tara Karr Roberts
    Tara Karr Roberts is a newspaper columnist who also teaches English and journalism. Wild and Distant...
  • Book Jacket: The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    by Shubnum Khan
    Shubnum Khan's eloquent and moving debut novel opens in 1932, when a djinn that haunts a house by ...
  • Book Jacket: Transient and Strange
    Transient and Strange
    by Nell Greenfieldboyce
    Throughout her powerful essay collection, Transient and Strange, science reporter Nell ...
  • Book Jacket: Prophet Song
    Prophet Song
    by Paul Lynch
    Paul Lynch's 2023 Booker Prize–winning Prophet Song is a speedboat of a novel that hurtles...

BookBrowse Book Club

Mockingbird Summer
by Lynda Rutledge
A powerful and emotional coming-of-age novel set in the 1960s by the bestselling author of West with Giraffes.

Members Recommend

Leaving
    by Roxana Robinson

An engrossing exploration of the vows we make to one another and what we owe to others and ourselves.

Strong Passions
    by Barbara Weisberg

Shocking revelations of a wife's adultery in 19th New York explode in an incendiary trial exposing the upper-crust and its secrets.

Win This Book
Win The Cleaner

The Cleaner
by Brandi Wells

Rarely has cubicle culture been depicted in such griminess or with such glee."
PW (starred review)