Reader reviews and comments on Half A Life, plus links to write your own review.

Half A Life

by V.S. Naipaul

Half A Life

Oct 2001, 224 pages
    Oct 2002, 224 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Half A Life

Muhammad.Quddus (01/31/05)

In the beginning, the novel is terrifying. The Indian setting and the stories of sacrifices. The stories beg the reader to connect with the history of not just of Indian but of Hinduism. The journey to England and to Africa evoke more sense of horror than humor. Naipaul reminds me that the world is a very disturbing place. My perspective changed. I am in debt to him for this.
Vivien Lee Jensen (10/23/02)

After reading this book,which I thoroughly enjoyed, I re-read "A house for Mr. Biswas", prescribed reading for my A-levels in 1969. Naipaul's characters still have the power to make me laugh and cry, as they struggle to make themselves heard and felt.
sharon vawda (09/09/02)

Literate persons who do not read half a life, will die having had half a life, pardon the pun. When I need to be revitalised, I read A house for Mr. Biswas, now I can be totally revitalised for the next few years having read half a life, its brilliant!

• Book Jacket: Harmony

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review