Reader reviews and comments on Tis, plus links to write your own review.

Tis

Aug 2000, 368 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for Tis

Mia Torres (11/05/15)

My inspiration
This book is amazing. Frank, tells the tale so incredibly well. I felt like I was in the story with him. He's a great inspiration to me, as well as many other people. He will be greatly missed :)
shar (10/19/03)

A worthy continuation of the most incredible book I've read in Years, Angela's Ashes. The writing is crisp, the descriptions had me laughing out loud at 2 in the morning because I couldn't put it down, and I found myself hoping that he could successfully avoid the legacy his father had left for him. I was angry at his father's family, but moved by Frank's ability to forgive the man who had caused so much destruction. They say that adversity makes the man, and in this case, it has made a giant. Bravo to one of the greatest writers of a generation.
katrina mccleary (08/27/03)

I have read this book and Frank McCourts other book approx 10 times each. His books are so heart wrenching that you feel so bad that you as the reader is not there to help Frank and his mother through their poverty. I felt as though I was there in those pages as I read this book and feel as though I know Franks family. I would recommend this book to anyone as it is the most heart felt book I have ever read in my life, it is not common to reduce a grown woman to tears through a book, but i was in tears on several occassions. I wounder what Frank is up to today and if he keeps in touch with his brothers? I would love another book from Frank to be published, a follow on from Tis.
Susan (06/13/03)

hearing of all the sufferings of frank and his mother and brothers touches the heart. the way he expresses his feelings made me feel for him and wish i was there to comfort him as this is a heart wrenching story which all should read
skp (03/12/03)

Franks' struggles and abitions are an inspiration. To come from poverty to emotional riches. This is a must read!!
Katiemay (12/30/02)

Frank McCourt did a wonderfully job of writing honestly. It twas truly a tragic account of his life that makes you wish you were there to comfort him
ann (12/10/02)

great job frank!
Amy Vilay (10/27/02)

The auther did a superb job expressing all his inner thoughts, i enjoyed it.

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves

The Big Holiday Wordplay: