Reader reviews and comments on The Price of Motherhood, plus links to write your own review.

The Price of Motherhood

Feb 2001, 323 pages
    Jan 2002, 336 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Price of Motherhood

Tanzeel

Her simple but poignant writing drives home the fact that MOTHERS have yet to achieve a lot of things, too many!

A great recommendation for MEN worldwide, as a male college student this book was really an eye opener for me and made me realize mothers deserve SO, SO, SO MUCH more than Mother's Day! Ms. Crittenden really does a great job with her analysis.
Erin

A spectacular account of the real experiences of many mothers. As a student of sociology, I have read countless manuscripts and novels, but none has been so fulfilling a read as Ann Crittenden's The Price of Motherhood. A fulfilling read - well worth the time.
Dana

An excellent book. Crittenden outlines the problems as she understands them clearly and convincingly and then offers viable solutions. This is an important book for employers, policy-makers, parents, and those considering parenting to read. It challenges us all to put actions behind our words and actually value the caring work done by women in our society, while allowing caregivers to contribute to the world of paid employment in meaningful ways. This certainly has changed the discussion my husband and I are having about raising children, as well as my expectations of employers.

• Book Jacket: Southernmost
    Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of the Fox
    Confessions of the Fox
    by Jordy Rosenberg
    In Confessions of the Fox, a fictional academic, Dr. Voth, finds a manuscript in the library where ...
  • Book Jacket: Tango Lessons
    Tango Lessons
    by Meghan Flaherty
    Meghan Flaherty's touching memoir, Tango Lessons, reveals some hard but important truths about ...
    The Almost Sisters
    Joshilyn Jackson's The Almost Sisters is a powerful look at the intersection of privilege, family, ...

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger.

Meet Me at the Museum
    by Anne Youngson

A celebration of letters, kindred spirits and writing a new story for yourself.

So Much Life Left Over
    by Louis de Bernieres

An evocative and emotional novel set between the World Wars.

Our House
    by Louise Candlish

A disturbing and addictive novel of domestic suspense.

Win Vox

VOX by Christina Dalcher

The story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where half the population is silenced.

T B Y Speak