Reader reviews and comments on The Price of Motherhood, plus links to write your own review.

The Price of Motherhood

Feb 2001, 323 pages
    Jan 2002, 336 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Price of Motherhood

Tanzeel

Her simple but poignant writing drives home the fact that MOTHERS have yet to achieve a lot of things, too many!

A great recommendation for MEN worldwide, as a male college student this book was really an eye opener for me and made me realize mothers deserve SO, SO, SO MUCH more than Mother's Day! Ms. Crittenden really does a great job with her analysis.
Erin

A spectacular account of the real experiences of many mothers. As a student of sociology, I have read countless manuscripts and novels, but none has been so fulfilling a read as Ann Crittenden's The Price of Motherhood. A fulfilling read - well worth the time.
Dana

An excellent book. Crittenden outlines the problems as she understands them clearly and convincingly and then offers viable solutions. This is an important book for employers, policy-makers, parents, and those considering parenting to read. It challenges us all to put actions behind our words and actually value the caring work done by women in our society, while allowing caregivers to contribute to the world of paid employment in meaningful ways. This certainly has changed the discussion my husband and I are having about raising children, as well as my expectations of employers.

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Anatomy of a Miracle