Reader reviews and comments on Castaways of The Flying Dutchman, plus links to write your own review.

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

by Brian Jacques

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman by Brian Jacques

Mar 2001, 384 pages
    Feb 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 62 reader reviews for Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

pkiedikie123

devinde
This book to me has captured me greatly when I was reading it to when I was finished. It is most definitively on my top 10 favorite books and has one of the most interesting characters I have read of including Ben. They made me laugh and cry. I was so into this book i didn't sleep trying to see what happened next i am super glad I found this book in my time of need because i had nothing to do and was feeling desperate for a good book to my angel for laying this book in front of me because I'm so blind I could of missed it. I am a true fan of this book and shall always be. This book captures great things as in detail to personality of the characters to the part when I just think to myself I wish I was in the book.
Pika

Character Development
In my opinion, Brian Jacques does a wonderful job of displaying all aspects of his characters. Readers are drawn into his stories by his use of deep emotions portrayed and developed throughout.
bobby

wonderful
I just read this book it was wonderful. It kept me on the edge of my seat all the time. I usually don't like reading too much but I couldn't put this book down. I am currently reading the second one and I love it. I would recomend this book to any one 10 or over who likes adventure.
lilLizard1021

Awesome!
This is a great book. I read it in ONE night. Brian Jacques combines good humor and action. At some points it's so toughing it feels like there's a hot water bottle on your heart. though sometimes it can be a little slow moving it's at the perfect times when the story line really needs to slow down (even if you don't want it to). MUST READ!
Emma

My fave book
This is my absolute favourite book of all time. I first read it when I was eleven. It was my birthday present, and I thought it looked as very boy-ish (I'm a girl) so I didn't pick it up straight away. Then later that year I had the 'flu and it was the only book in my room that I hadn't read. Once I started I found that I couldn't pull away. The imagery created by Jacques is just astounding: I felt as though I was there. Brian Jacques really gets you feeling for Neb/Ben and Den/Ned. By the sad end, I had grown really attached to them, they seemed real.

It's been four years since I first picked up Castways of the Flying Dutchman and finished it in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and I still haven't found a book that has gripped me more, a book that touched me more, or book that had a more profound effect on me. Castways is the book that I think should be in every library and on every book shelf. My tattered copy knows too: this book is a sure keeper.
Benj

castaways of the flying dutchman
it was a really good book with adventure and fantasy filling it to the brim I thouruoghly enjoyed reading it and immediatly bought the sequil. Keep at it, we're counting on you!
James

A great book better than Redwall thi book was funny.
Nienna Saralonde

I thought this book was the best book i have ever read and i have read loads after i read this book i went out and bought the second one it was also brill i was devestated when i lost it !!!!!!!!!!! but i have found it again ,thank Go1d!!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Rules of Magic

by Francesca Hornak

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F