Reader reviews and comments on Mystic River, plus links to write your own review.

Mystic River

by Dennis Lehane

Mystic River by Dennis Lehane X
Mystic River by Dennis Lehane

Jan 2001, 320 pages
    Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Mystic River

Nicolle

Great book! would recommend it to any one
- a n t h -

This book is awesome. I couldn't put it down, I just had to keep on reading. What an ending! The movie was great too!
KC

This was an excellent book. I really enjoyed it and I found that it was better than the movie!
Raleigh

All of Dennis Lehane's book are awesome. I am even using him for my junior theme.
Mindi

This book kept me up all night...I just couldn't wait to see what happened! I recommend it to anyone who likes fiction.
Pimento

Good book, but dragged in spots
I enjoyed this book overall. It was a very good story and much of it was very hard to put down. I read it fairly quickly.

However, sometimes I found myself skimming over long descriptions of characters or places because I found myself impatient to get through them to the meat of the story.

Other than that, the writing and the story are very good. I have read other books of Mr. Lehane's and I feel the same way in terms of skimming certain descriptive parts that I find a little boring.

I have checked out Shutter Island from the library and it's next on my list of reading. (Saw the movie and it was AMAZING, the best movie I've seen in a few years).

very good
MONI80

BETTER THAN THE MOVIE!
After watching the movie and leaving somewhat unsatisfied I tracked down the book and can now say that the story just a as hearttouching and moving as the reviews say. In the movie though Tim Robbins does an awesome job it seems incomplete without the insight on his emotional state that you get from the book. In the book Lehane creates unforgettable characters that are drawn out and explained so all the pregnant pauses and 'deep' reflective glances you get on screen you can now understand. I am a huge fan of descriptive narratives and emotionally intriguing characters and this book is full of them with a little twist that will cause you to reevaluate yourself and how you view people. Truly moving and a wonderful read.

• Book Jacket: Let It Bang
    by Hank Green
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for Eden
    Waiting for Eden
    by Elliot Ackerman
    Elliot Ackerman's latest novel, Waiting for Eden, follows Marine Eden Malcom as his death ...

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

A book may be compared to your neighbor...

I Ain't O U T F L S