What readers think of Gob's Grief, plus links to write your own review.

Gob's Grief

by Chris Adrian

Gob's Grief by Chris Adrian X
Gob's Grief by Chris Adrian

Jan 2001, 384 pages

Mar 2002, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for Gob's Grief

Karen Corcoran Dabkowski

One of my favorite books of all time. Chris Adrian uses nothing less than genius in making the characters of history 'breathe' in ways that make it hard to leave them at the end of this book.

His wonderful blending of history and the fantastical is done with such adeptness and sensitivity, I can't imagine an unbeliever in Gob's 'reanimator machine' by the time the last page is turned.

Enjoyable, thought-provoking and very, very human in the way it shows us how mortality alone is what connects us all in universal mourning, with more memorable quotes than any book in recent memory.

I give this book the highest recommendation possible.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Becoming Madam Secretary
    Becoming Madam Secretary
    by Stephanie Dray
    Our First Impressions reviewers enjoyed reading about Frances Perkins, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Bloodcarver
    The Last Bloodcarver
    by Vanessa Le
    The city-state of Theumas is a gleaming metropolis of advanced technology and innovation where the ...
  • Book Jacket: Say Hello to My Little Friend
    Say Hello to My Little Friend
    by Jennine CapĂł Crucet
    Twenty-year-old Ismael Reyes is making a living in Miami as an impersonator of the rapper/singer ...
  • Book Jacket: The Painter's Daughters
    The Painter's Daughters
    by Emily Howes
    Peggy and Molly Gainsborough are sisters and best friends, living an idyllic life in 18th-century ...

BookBrowse Book Club

A Great Country
by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
A novel exploring the ties and fractures of a close-knit Indian-American family in the aftermath of a violent encounter with the police.

Members Recommend

The Stone Home
    by Crystal Hana Kim

A moving family drama and coming-of-age story revealing a dark corner of South Korean history.

The House on Biscayne Bay
    by Chanel Cleeton

As death stalks a gothic mansion in Miami, the lives of two women intertwine as the past and present collide.

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

S B the B