Reader reviews and comments on Gob's Grief, plus links to write your own review.

Gob's Grief

by Chris Adrian

Gob's Grief by Chris Adrian

Jan 2001, 384 pages
    Mar 2002, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for Gob's Grief

Karen Corcoran Dabkowski (06/25/03)

One of my favorite books of all time. Chris Adrian uses nothing less than genius in making the characters of history 'breathe' in ways that make it hard to leave them at the end of this book.

His wonderful blending of history and the fantastical is done with such adeptness and sensitivity, I can't imagine an unbeliever in Gob's 'reanimator machine' by the time the last page is turned.

Enjoyable, thought-provoking and very, very human in the way it shows us how mortality alone is what connects us all in universal mourning, with more memorable quotes than any book in recent memory.

I give this book the highest recommendation possible.

Tender
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

When all think alike, no one thinks very much

K Your F C