Reader reviews and comments on Two O'Clock, Eastern Wartime, plus links to write your own review.

Two O'Clock, Eastern Wartime

by John Dunning

Two O'Clock, Eastern Wartime by John Dunning X
Two O'Clock, Eastern Wartime by John Dunning

Jan 2001, 480 pages
    Jan 2002, 480 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Two O'Clock, Eastern Wartime

Bill Muhr

I am an avid OTR fan and Dunning's knowledge of that medium is well evident in this book. His depth of knowledge shows in the depiction of the procedures necessary in putting together a radio program. I loved the book and REALLY hope for a sequel.
Alistair Laignel

A truly great piece of work.

Sequel?????
Frank Phillips

I thoroughly enjoyed Dunning's book on three fronts.
I am an avid fan of old time radio. I use Dunning's old time radio encyclopedia book regularly when I want to learn something about an OTR show or just browse it to pass the time.
As a writer/editor, I found his description of the creative process, as revelaed through his main character, Jack Dulaney, to be fascinating.
It's a good read.
On the critical side, I sometimes got lost in all the characters. I plan to read the book again and again to thoroughly absorb the nuances. In fact, I passed up buying the hardback version for the paperback - in case it stunk. I will buy the hardback when I get a chance.
I'm afraid the ending is weak. On the other hand, the characters are interesting and real and a sequel would be welcomed.

• Book Jacket: Vita Nostra
    A Spark of Light
    by Jodi Picoult

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

Win Severance