Reader reviews and comments on The Marriage Sabbatical, plus links to write your own review.

The Marriage Sabbatical

Jan 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Marriage Sabbatical

Marianne Wilson

Brilliant book
This book is a brilliant and brilliantly articulated analysis of the dynamics of marriage and communication between couples. I read this book more than once, underlined and wrote margin notes on many pages and recommended it to several other people. I had not read or discussed the ideas before reading The Marriage Sabbatical, but so much of what the author discussed resonated soundly. Whether young, middle aged, old, married, single, no matter one's gender orientation or cultural background, this book has something to say to anyone who is or has been in an intimate relationship, about how to love and live with someone and not truncate one's own growth in the process.
H Carter

A Marriage Saver - A lifesaver too.
If you're at an edge in your life and you feel like you've searched and scratched every possible corner for some more breathing space and growing room with and in yourself -- and you are wondering if you can remain married, are having thoughts of letting go to "find yourself" but you're also heartbroken at that thought... read this book. Within the first few pages, I burst into tears feeling seen, known and understood AND I was given the space and encouragement I desperately needed to stretch myself and my marriage in positive ways. This book has been thoroughly researched and is organized and written with such flow and ease. What a positive service Ms. Jarvis has gifted wives/mothers/women and those who love them.

• Book Jacket: Winter

Sometimes I Lie
    by Alice Feeney

Anatomy of a Miracle
    by Jonathan Miles

A profound novel that offers a stunning exploration of faith, science, mystery, and the meaning of life.

Win The Balcony